DUCK PYLAN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Dec 11, 2016.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You're absolutely correct Stacey. But that goes for any HS player in the world. Easy route to a championship is going to Alabama or Ohio State, even if that means riding the bench.

Yet tons and tons of players refuse the path of least resistance, they want the challenge and most importantly, they want to win one for their home state or school. It's getting tougher to find that too, as Today's kids of instant gratification and misunderstanding of loyalty don't get it. They want want to follow in Lebron James footsteps like Kevin Durant and go have a ring handed to them, don't want the challenge of earning it.

I get the whole do what's best for you nonsense, but when it comes down to LSU and Alabama, there is very little difference in what's best for them. You're set regardless what school you choose. If you go to LSU or Bama and don't make it, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

didit, Rouxleaux and StaceyO like this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I think we can say we are still floundering. How can you not? And we're not the only program chasing Bama, but we've been the only one that could possibly stop them--and we never, ever do.

TigerTap and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

I guess. In fairness to Coach O I'll reserve judgement until I see the product on the field. Being negative is easy, it's sticking with this team and sticking up for them that I'd rather spend my time doing.

I am blissfully hopeful. But I understand where you're coming from 100%

Losing in state talent to Alabama, the team we have been chasing is extremely frustrating. Losing to them 6 straight times is more frustrating.

My blissfully ignorant hope is Coach O with the help of 2 of the best coordinators in the game turn that around.

Winston1, COTiger and Rouxleaux like this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I sincerely hope so, too. So far, it doesn't look like some of our targets are all that excited about Orgeron. And he really did pull a dick move in publicly announcing that he was going after the Samoan Bama commit; it alienated Brennan, and then we looked like idiots for sticking our necks out there to be all but laughed at by the Samoan kid (and Saban.)

I'll give you that Aranda looks like the real deal, but we have not nailed down an OC hire at all, so we'll have to see how that pans out, too.

kcal, TigerTap and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Particularly for a large segment of the LSU "fan" base.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

A lot of in state kids were happy with Coach O hire. In fact I bet it saved more commitments then most think. Coach O mistake #1 was chasing Kiffin and doing so publicly. Mistake #2 was offering that QB Bama Commit from Hawaii and pissing off Brennan. Although I don't think Brennan should run from a little competition. Finally Coach O's 3rd and biggest (and lingering) mistake is not locking down an OC yet. All offensive commitments and targets are staying tuned. This is going to be a big hire one way or the other. Let's hope it's a good one.

As for the OC, I am ok with either Helfrich or Canada. Canada isn't the sexy hire, but I think it's the best. I think he will blow up at LSU. Look at his results and listen to his philosophy.

Says he will run either pro or spread and has success doing both, "whatever fits the personnel" no square peg round hole nonsense. Also has success making chicken salad out of chicken shit at multiple different programs and loves to run the football.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    didit, Rouxleaux, kcal and 2 others like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you ain't first your're last

[​IMG]

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It ain't too shabby; however, notice who was #1? The same one that's been 1 for the past decade?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

$20 to anyone who can find just 1 where you didn't say something stupid