Les Miles - The Man

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Oct 22, 2015.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've often been critical of Les' vocabulary and some of the coaching decisions he's made. But I don't ever recall of being critical of Les the Man.
    The linked article is an update on Sid Ortis, the young man who's battling cancer. Suggest you have a Kleenex or two available prior to reading.
    Here's to hoping and praying the young man is available and well enough to travel to Bama in a couple of weeks.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/10/lsus_les_miles_to_alabama_teen.html

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

How about needing a BOX or two of tissue to get through that? I read it aloud to my older daughter, and we were both moved.

Les Miles is a wonderful person, and I hope that Sid can live long enough to cheer us on as we beat Alabama.

northernvatiger and titoabad1 like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Amen, God bless.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The Myth, The Legend.

The Bipolar one. The Mad Hatter (only against Florida) Lesticles (only against Florida)

Great man, great representative of the university, under appreciated by me, can't think of anyone I'd rather have as the coach of the Tigers.

P&G_wheelz007 and islstl like this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

3 replies and 75 views. I guess I should have posted it in the political forum.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What did you expect? Give it time. You only posted it 2 hours ago and there is football on TV right now.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

What else can be said? The man is special and truly understands what is important. LSU and all of us are fortunate to have him as head coach.

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Even though I think I know more about football than him sometimes, your statement is correct.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Tiger Exile likes this.
  9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Les is a very humble, caring man.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Kudos to Les Miles. I would like to think I would do the same thing if I was in his position but I don't know. Kid dying--Les finds out, does something to make the kid's last months better. The kid gets a last good experience. Les feels good about himself. I would like to believe that the cancer goes into remission and the kid lives a long and happy life. But it almost never works out that way.

The kid dies. Then Les has lost a friend and feels terrible. You shouldn't ever have to feel terrible for doing a good thing. I could never work in a hospital.