Zoom Meetings

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Sep 9, 2020.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Man people/companies are going nuts on these.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

We use Microsoft Team

fanatic likes this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Anyone else remember typewriters & rotary phones?

LSUTiga and shane0911 like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My pen is out of ink. Can I use your goose feather quill?

fanatic and Frogleg like this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Back when every dude had a secretary and a bottle with glasses in the drawer.

shane0911, GiantDuckFan and Frogleg like this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Same and we rarely use video. Its usually just voice only.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i've worked virtually for the last 3+ yrs. and never minded until they turned the meetings into video meetings.... now it's turned into corporate virtue signalling in the home office setup: the copiously placed inspirational poster, the coffee cup with logo, etc, etc, etc

LSUTiga, Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Jeebus! You can't even be yourself at home. Whenever I have a zoom meeting I wear a LSU or Saints hat if my hair is messed up. I don't own a y inspirational posters and if there's a coffee mug on my desk it's because I'm drinking coffee. Sometimes it's a bottle of Coke or beer.

shane0911, kcal and fanatic like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought I would LOVE working from home; especially since I have a 2hr commute (1hr each way) and I did for the first few weeks or so, but now that I've been doing it for close to 6 months, I'm about over it. I could deal with it better if I could go into the office maybe 2 days and WFH the other 3, but our site is closed and telework only except for maintenance/security/(NASA) mission essential employees that work on the rocket test stands etc. Even when the center opens back up, I'll still be 100% work from home. Never thought I'd say that I was over working exclusively from home, but I get cabin fever big time.

Ugh, I couldn't even imagine. I work with a pretty diverse group and we're spread out over the entire country, but we're pretty tight and (so far, knock on wood) none of that nonsense has crept in. I like that video is optional and really no one uses it. Every so often, we'll have a team building exercise where video is required, but everyone is pretty cool and not 'in your face' with their beliefs or affiliations. You know, the way it should be everywhere.

kcal likes this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

This is my second go around WFH. The first time I was like you I felt that I never left work because my office was in a spare bedroom. This time I have an office in a little house I had built for my dad on my property. It sounds crazy but I feel that I go to work and come home even though it's just 100' away. And it makes all the difference in the world.