Zion Train is Coming Our Way

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Pels get their first win since Zion's arrival today, nice home win over the Celtics. You can see that ZW is beginning to mesh with his teammates. It also appears to me that the starter who will be giving up the most touches for him (besides Reddick going to the bench) is Ingram. He's had a remarkable season; definite candidate for Most Improved Player. We'll see how he reacts to a reduced role alongside the big fellow. At Cleveland next

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Gentry needs to find a way for both of them to be in the game at the same time and for Ingram to maintain his style of play. You don't want your second best player to stand around with his thumb up his ass watching Zion.

mctiger likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

looks like zion is fully cleared and the pels are ready for a playoff run, provided gentry doesnt fuck it up

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Played 30 minutes tonight. Getting into game shape.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

once again pels with healthy zion are thrashing fools

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Zion getting better and better with each game. Tonight 24 points in 29 minutes.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i went to the game tonight vs milwaukee. the bucks are just too good, no shame in a loss.

i like to judge coaches by performance after returning from halftime. i expect them to work out some new plans and adjustments. will wade seems great by this standard, alvin gentry terrible

8. mctiger

I agree; the TNT announcers spent most of the night telling us the Bucks are in the midst of an historic season. Their defense is crazy, seemed like every time the ball went in the paint our guy got gang raped by 3 guys in green. And yet we still struggled to get open looks on the perimeter in the 2nd half. They (the Bucks) were simply everywhere on the defensive side of the ball. That said, we've got to shoot better in the fourth quarter. Two games in a row now we had a chance to beat a contender and couldn't make shots down the stretch.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That great Bucks defense hacks a lot and doesn't get called. I don't complain much about officiating, but what they get away with is ridiculous.

mctiger likes this.
  10. mctiger

Pels go from down 16 to the Blazers in the 2nd quarter to winning by 21 - without Ingram. Zion's career high with 31, mostly because he went 11 of 14 on FT's. But he looks the most confident I've seen him since coming back, check the hilites:

Jmg likes this.