Zion Train is Coming Our Way

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know what I expected opening the season without Zion but certainly better than 1-6. My God they are tied with the Knicks for worst team in the NBA.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

a couple wins for the pelicans and they might not be terrible.

ingram is a star, and with him and zion playing at the same time in a fortnight, i think there is space for optimism

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm watching Lakers - Thunder right now. Sadly, the Lakers are better than I had hoped. Best case scenario would be neither the Lakers or the Pelicans to make the playoffs and both get a great draw of the lottery ping pong balls. As great as Zion may turn out to be the Pels need another superstar to go along with him. Ingram is very good but not a superstar. He would be great in the same role as James Worthy was with Magic and Kareem.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Pels have won back-to-back and are starting to gel. I think a lot of the rough start had to do with Holliday struggling, but he seems to have gotten himself together. Ball, Okafor and Hart are still out, but Reddick has been shooting lights out, and the 2nd unit has looked very good. Get the wounded guys back and they could get very good in a big hurry.

ParadiseiNC and Jmg like this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

whew it looks like another pels win in a few mins here, hoping.

should be 3 in a row and we should all be excited for the return of zion. i maintain that ingram is a breakout star and will be amazing with zion.

eeek only a few up very late here

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Watched the 2nd half. Ingram is the real deal. Took over the game late.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lonzo and ingram were both 2nd overall pick, and super young at 22 younger than kavell B-W.

jaxson hayes has looked good as well. i still like thepelicans to make the playoffs

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

speaking of kavell BW, i am watching him now with the erie bayhawks on espn+. he looks to still be what he was, a rim protector. he has a ton of blocks. i think he might lead the league. he is quick and long. its too bad he grew up in england and was late to hoops.

still think he has a chance to become one of the few non-shooters left in basketball, just blocking shots and stopping drives. he does that very well.

anyways, fuck that minor league shit its showtime tonight as the lakers are in NOLA at 8:30. of course the pels will get lit up up because the lakers are fucking fantastic, but if by some miracle the pelicans won that would be worth watching. would be a great spring board towards zions return and the long playoff push

lets go pels

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

2 interesting notes:

7th straight double double for KBW in g league. thats good.

they like to try out kooky rules in the minors. apparently if you are fouled while missing a 3, you take one free throw, and its worth 3 points for that free throw! tryin to speed up the game

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

my goodness what a disaster the pels are right now. gotta fire gentry ASAP