Zach Mettenberger vs Marcus Mariota

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, May 16, 2015.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

No,.. not pretty enough

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not pretty but would be effective at warding off the stiff arm

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm sure Mariotta is a good dude, I'm just completely bias when it comes to "dual threat" quarterbacks, and add an LSU guy in the mix and man.... Super bias.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Zach Mettenberger shines in Marcus Mariota's shadow
    John Glennon and David Climer, [email protected] 12:17 a.m. CDT August 15, 2015
    Titans running back Antonio Andrews gains a first down after his catch during the second quarter against the Falcons at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. George Walker IV / The Tennessean
    [​IMG]

(Photo: George Walker IV / The Tennessean)

ATLANTA – Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota might be the center of the team's attention at present, but backup Zach Mettenberger showed on Friday that he doesn't plan on fading into the background.

The team's starter for six games last season, Mettenberger looked confident when he took over from Mariota in the second quarter against Atlanta, finishing 8-of-11 for 129 yards, one touchdown and one interception in the Falcons' 31-24 preseason victory.

"There were two throws I'd like to have back, but overall, offensively, we moved the ball effectively and efficiently," Mettenberger said. "We capitalized on third downs, which is one of the things we wanted to improve on this season. But turnovers really shot us in the foot tonight."

Mettenberger hit on some big plays, connecting with receiver Rico Richardson for a 30-yard touchdown pass, receiver Dorial Green-Beckham for 32 yards and tight end Chase Coffman for 27 yards. The one blemish on his night was the interception, which occurred when he left a deep ball inside when throwing long for Justin Hunter.

Still, Mettenberger finished with an impressive 104.0 quarterback rating.

"I thought Zach and Charlie (Whitehurst) both played well," Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "The interception got tipped. It wasn't a great throw on that one. I can't argue about that. But he did a nice job of running the huddle, making some plays."

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Mett looked good last night, made some unbelievable throws into some small spaces.....

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I personally think they should go with Mett but I guess win you pay that much for a QB you have to play him. I just wish they would trade Mett in a hurry to get him on a team that will play him.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He will he traded very soon.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Is there serious talk about it? If so any ideas where he goes?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Lots of teams need a QB but with Mett's total lack of mobility I'd rather see him go to a good team with an old QB in his last year or two. Denver might be a good place to learn from Peyton Manning for a year and then be the starter next year if Peyton retires.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Anyone see the TD throw against the Rams? Split the defenders with a bullet in the back of the end zone, great anticipation throw. He should be a starter.