Zach Mettenberger vs Marcus Mariota

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, May 16, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so the Titans I think did him a favor by drafting Mariota. I actually hope they give Mariota the job, and Mett gets a few years to get really strong, learn a bit and get that knee 100 percent, then gets to go to a team that actually has talent on it. No one can succeed on the Titans. That offense is shit. What does everyone else think about the race between Mariota and ZM.

My fear for Zach is Mariota will fail so fast that Tennessee will no choice but to put him back as the starter and he will get hurt again. But in that terrible, shitty offense, Mariota because of his wheels is probably a better option for the Titans. Now, if they can manage to actually get some talent at running back, receiver, and tight end, and some blockers, to me ZM is the better option.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hear you, if you let the titans tell it they are starting MM from the jump. I think they have to because of where he was taken and the current state of affairs of that team. Of course it is the wrong decision but thats another story. I hope Zach gets the hell out of there.

Geezer Squid likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They wrote off zm after those few games before injury last year. That's why they decided to draft Mm right after.

Zm has to go somewhere else since he will never be given a fair shake there. The big money guy always wins out except in Seattle.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How could he possibly succeed in that offense. The Titans may have done him a favor. For a rookie coming off injury I thought Zach did a pretty good job considering the state of affairs that offense was in.

59.8 completion percentage, shit that's better than LSU's qb, 1412 yards and 8 TD's in 7 games, 6 starts.

5. shane0911

Well and therein lies part of the problem, the WR they drafted is a beast and will go a long way to make any QB look better. Depends on how fast Marky Mark picks up the NFL playbook beings he isn't used to that sort of stuff. He is a bright kid so he may be okay. I still say he won't but oh well. I am hoping Zach gets out of there because like you, I think it is a shit franchise and he will never realize success there.

6. CajunCannon

CajunCannon Veteran Member

The cream always rises to the top, no matter how bad the team is. MM will start, but ZM will get another chance at some point. It's up to him whether or not he makes it count.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. tirk

come on, bobby. you were never the cream.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

Could that really be him?

9. tirk

no, everything is spelled correctly.

furduknfish likes this.
  10. shane0911

Post of the year.

Hands down! its over