Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

No, 5 million is impossible to pass up. What else could he do?

2. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

RS will not be a QB at LSU, despite the need. The current coaches do not know how to coach him at QB, because their offensive philosophy is so inflexible.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Expand on that. I recommend you start a thread on this and give us your complete thoughts.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I was not talking about established pitchers, I am talking about the first contract,
    how does Lee's deal compare to recent 1st round QB's and especially top of the draft
    QB's. I'll disagree about longevity too, pitchers in particular have a multitude of issues
    that come up and many times they were born with the problem. How old was Ben McD when he was forced to retire???:geaux:

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

*bayou bengal bows head*

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
    and the wisdom to bury the bodies of the people who have pissed me the **** off.

Amen

nothing accomplished but I feel better now...now lets start a thread on where we can find our next QB project for 2012!!

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if (a really big if) he went # 1 in the NFL, he would get a ridiculous contract.
    if he goes late 1st, (also a considerable if) he would get a lil more than he got for baseball.
    if he dropped to the 2nd round or further (most likely scenario) his 1st contract would be for fewer guaranteed dollars than the one he signed last night.

want proof?
    Clausen (2nd round) and McCoy (3rd rund) were 2 really, really big name QBs on draft day.
    They got a COMBINED $3.6 mil in guaranteed money.
    Almost $2 mil less than Lee signed for last night.

7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

absolutely. I think he made the best choice for himself. It is just the Tiger fan in my is a little ruffled.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yeah that's all fine and dandy, but who says he's going to be a 1st rounder? There's no guarantee that he would have been, no matter the talent. To assume otherwise is a terrible mistake. Don't believe me? See Also: Ciron Black... If he'd left after his Junior year, he would have arguably been an early 1st rounder and he would have made a crap load of money. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for him like that.

Chit happens, and when you got 5 mil staring you in the face, you don't sit there and think about how much a 1st round QB draft pick gets.. You jump on it and worry about that crap later. Who knows? Maybe he'll have a change of heart in a few years and decide to come back to football. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I have clocked my fastball at 93 but the thing is I get so excited about it I need to step off for awhile and get some alone time. :redface:

Otherenthat, I ain't got sh!t... :tigbas:

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

So you are equating an actual contract in baseball today, worth millions, with the very slim possibility that he survives college without injury, excels to a level that gets him drafted not only in the first round, but the first 8-10 picks? Meaning he is in the top 1-2 QBs of the draft? Because that is some kind of guarantee, as opposed to what he just got? And of course QBs get hurt at a lower rate than pitchers? :huh:

Average MLB career - 5.6 yrs
    Average NFL career - 3.5 yrs

What's the air like on your planet?:insane: