Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Don't know if you know this Mr. Sparrow, but our QB situation isn't exactly one to be envied. In fact, a few people predicted in another thread that he would burn his redshirt before the end of the season.

So, thank God he is showing improvement and leadership skills, especially given the QB situation and the possibility that he may burn his redshirt.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well, as a guy who thought Garrett was a steal in recruiting and was going to be very good, I am happy to eat some crow. I still don't understand what Garrett was thinking, but I hope Lee is the future if he's got that kind of attitude.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Let's hope the Dodgers remain disfunctional.

4. Brett425

Brett425 TigerObsession

:lsup: I have a great feeling about ZL....LSU!

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I could see this if the comments by TT were in regards to JJ, but he is talking about Lee. What is Lee supposed to be improving from to need to be showing, he just joined the team. This is about a new member of the team that is coming out of the gates showing leadership skills. That is to be recognized as great news about a new member, not "Thank God", as if one was expecting to hear some negative feedback.

And yes I am well aware of our QB issues, and like many expect to see much improvement over last season. Silly me to expect a summer worth of dedication out of our QB to actually show some improvement.

6. CajunPunk

In the article, it was stated that Garrett was "content to not go all out," which shows me that he either did not improve or didn't want to. In Lee's case, he's been there for a few months and unless he was the same exact person the first day he stepped foot on campus, he is becoming even more of a team player than Garrett apparently ever was. Not only that, he is working with the WRs to become more acquainted with them, i.e. a better passer.

To me, that is improvement - the successful transition from high school QB to SEC level QB. Unlike Jarett Lee, he might actually play like a college QB.

Of course, we won't know until we actually see him play.

7. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Obvious to you, maybe. Your constant negativity is a drag.

8. CajunPunk

So, Jarrett Lee was improving in '08, as his INT ratio went down or up?

I'm done here.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

So, because Garrett Lee was lazy we should wipe our brows and thank God that Zack Lee is assuming more of a leader role. Qualities that most were pretty much expecting to see out of the kid. One of the reasons why some had thought he might burn his redshirt this season. Why because we already thought he would be a leader. Garrett Lee and Zack Lee have nothing alike, other than both are QB's.

Which is why I still don't get the "Thank God" wheeeww wipe my brow comment. Again you still really haven't made yourself clear as to why you would make that comment, other than you generally tend to be negative. Which this falls right along those same lines. See it as you want, but the true colors come out no matter how you try to cover it up.

10. CajunPunk

Does it really matter what I think? I could post a comment saying just how impressed I am with Les Miles as a human being, and someone will question me.

Why not just let it be what it is. I am glad we have a guy, a QB in this case, on the team who is making sure that when he gets his shot, he'll be as ready as possible. Considering how unsure we are about the QB and how confident a solid WR is in him, it's a good reason to be thankful.

And I generally tend to be negative when it comes to Miles, we all know that, but when it comes to the RBs, WRs, TEs, DL, LBs, CBs, SSs, and FSs, I'm pretty confident in the players, albeit not the coach. It's not my fault certain important aspects of the team (the coach and QB) are iffy.

Posting here has changed, man. Unless someone is giving Les, LSU and whomever a big, sloppy BJ, you get labeled negative even if you give legit post after legit post supporting your points. Doesn't matter though. In another thread, you quoted me saying "good point" or something. Here, I suppose I didn't tote the company line. Forgive me for stepping out of line.

Posting here isn't fun anymore.