Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I do but I thought you guys hate that kind of stuff.

Actually I don't.

2. msully

msully Founding Member

This is all I have to say to that baseball team

Let me make myself very clear. Dont be messing with my {GEAUX TIGERS}" cause if you do I'm ah gonna put some Mad I mean some "MAD" Mo-Jo on your baseball dreams !!!!
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!
    YouTube - Waylon Jennings - Got My Mojo Working

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

OK.

:huh:

1 person likes this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Tons of rumors going around but FWIW a Dodgers writer said that they offered him $3M today and he turned it down. Lee family may have countered asking for $4M.

Baton Rouge radio (Jordy and Ott) said he was offered $5M but I doubt it because he would have been gone by now if that was the case but who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Lee took 4-5M but would be very surprised if the Dodgers are willing to offer that much.

5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

$5 million over five years instead of $3 million upfront, one site says.

Why the strategy for the Dodgers to wait until the last minute before offering? It gives neither party time for serious negotiations. Making a take-it-or-leave-it offer to a guy happily immersed in the college football experience doesn't seem smart. He wouldn't have enrolled if he was just playing hardball with them. He made one decision already. The Dodgers either have to beat him up with a checkbook or wait three years. I think they lowball him and hope for the best.

6. bhelmLSU

$5M over 5 years could be risky for him given it wouldn't be guaranteed if he decided to give up baseball, try out football again ,etc...

I really don't get the strategy either but I guess the take it or leave it approach works given most teams seem to do this. I think more than half of the 1st round players were still unsigned this week.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That would be a good bit more than the slot payments and the Dodgers don't generally go above the slot by much.

8. bhelmLSU

3 times or more than the slot. The most they have ever paid a 1st round draft pick was like 1.8M

Some sources are saying they haven't offered anything yet and may offer 2.3-3M later today. Who knows just waiting for 11pm. :popcorn:

Also, Miles closed practice tonight. Good call because the media was going to be crawling around Lee or if Lee didn't go to discuss it with his family the media would draw up all kinds of conclusions.

9. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Think that is being reported on MLB.com as well. I haven't personally seen that though.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

that is certainly encouraging. as good as z. lee is, i don't think he'd be a wise investment for them at 3-5 million if the most they ever paid was 1.8M. stranger things have happened, i am sure, but the dodgers are usually one of the smarter clubs when it comes to spending money.