Zach Lee Progress

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Aug 6, 2010.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

and the fact that the dude seems to be embracing the possibility of being a starting QB at LSU. kid just seems to be that sort of competitor. you really just can't say enough about the caliber of men that les miles recruits here at LSU.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There is always a number but you won't hear Lee talk about it or the Dodgers put up what is needed to get him. MLB insiders are saying the number is between 4-6M and the Dodgers have never paid anything close to that for a 1st round pick in their history.

Lee has talked to them early on when he was drafted and I know they tried to get him to fly to L.A. on two occasions but Lee passed so he could go to class.

I have always said he would end up a Tiger and would be shocked if he left. I know I was in the minority when I started saying that but more and more are coming to that conclusion as well.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

all signs are looking promising. cant wait to see him in purple and gold on the field, and on the mound!

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You didn't really believe it or you would have moved his thread to the Den a long time ago...like when I asked for it to be moved to the Den. :wave:

5. Dajoe

Dajoe Freshman

IMO he's going to be a Tiger and a great college QB. Do you guys think he'll redshirt this year though?

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Absolutely.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Without a doubt. Should disaster strike, there's always Barrett Bailey or Shepard who can play QB in a pinch.

I'd rather line Patrick Peterson up in the backfield than have to burn Z. Lee's shirt.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I just left the recruiting stuff in the right place but wasn't going to be the 1st to jinx it posting the 1st thread of his in the Den. :wink: My superstitions must of taken hold of you because you didn't run over here with a thread either. :hihi:

I have always had a firm stance after hearing what his family has to say on he matter around the time he committed.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I spoke to a Colleague in LA yesterday and he said the local news there said there is no way he is signing.
    Matter of fact the Dodgers pretty much knew they had no chance of signing him so that is exactly why the drafted him and only made a half hearted attempt to sign him. They save face with the fans by saying "We tried" when behind close doors they are actually happy because they didnt want to pay a 1st round pick this year.

At least that is what he is hearing on the local radio shows...

Take it for what it is worth, some co-worker, heard it in traffic on some sports radio station on a Tuesday morning.....

10. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

The Dodgers also get a compensatory pick in next year's first round (29th spot I believe) if they don't sign him so no huge detriment to them.

:helmet: