Your typical liberals

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Jun 24, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Fidel Castro is actually a very intelligent tyrannt, hell we can't bitch about it we put him there... if only he were better at baseball.

I actually thought about the hi jackings... the guys had box cutters, I wonder why the men didn't get together and take down the hi jackers like the one airline that went down in PA. Not that the guys were wimps on the flights that hit the towers, but Im sure there were alot more guys not wanting to die, then terrorists. But fear is a funny things, hell i would like to think i would step up to bat, but I have never been in that position.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

The people on the first two planes had no idea that they were going to crash them.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Hmmmm....how do you know that, salty?

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its human nature, if the people knew they were going to die regardless they
    usually won't sit around and wait for it to happen.
    People usually aren't mind readers either, they think ok, I'm a hostage and they are going to fly to some unknown country.
    Did anyone on that day really think that hijackers would fly planes into buildings?

A simple no will do! :)

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Actually, due to cell phones, because of the first two planes, I think the passengers on the planes that crashed in Pa. and into the Pentagon knew
    something. But the first two planes that crashed into the towers...no, they couldn't have known. There was nothing that could have led them to suspect.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, at least now post 9/11 i bet americans will not allow a hijacking. i bet now if any muslims try anything, the passengers immediately mobilize and beat the muslims to death, because it is more apparent to everyone how much damage a plane can do.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's completely a new mindset now. I've heard stories about drunks who are unruly getting beaten up on a plane or two post 9/11. The guys (and I'm willing to bet some of the women, too) on board aren't going to leave anything to chance.

Prior to 9/11, a hijacking meant flying somewhere different and sitting through negotiations of some sort. An automatic death sentence it was not. Our reality has changed.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

or maybe it was shot down?

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Which one? If you mean the one that hit the pentagon, I don't buy it. There is no way that a damaged plane would just happen to hit that target. I believe the pentagon was a target from the start. Now, if you are refering to the one that crashed in PA, we have recorded cell phone conversations of the passengers preparing to try and regain control of the plane. Their decision was made after learning of the fate of the first two planes. Would we have shot down a plane if anymore had been a threat? I believe we would. I don't, however, believe that any were shot down that day. JMO

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I've always thought that the PA plane was shot down. I know that much was made of the "made for TV" Todd Beamer story, but think about it. On the first anniversary of 9/11, some administration official was being interviewed, and he was asked about the fighter jets that took off in search of the hijacked planes after the WTC was attacked.

He said something along the lines of, "We weren't in time to get the plane that hit the Pentagon." He didn't say anything about the PA plane. I think it was shot down. Period. But no way would the military ever come out and say that they shot down a commercial jet.

The other "fishy" plane crash was the one on November 11, 2001, that exploded over Queens. I believe that plane had a bomb on board. What did they say after the crash? Something about pilot error causing an engine to fall off? Right...but a bomb on an airplane two months after 9/11 would've forever crippled the airline industry.