Your Typical Conservatives

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Jun 25, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes." - Richard Nixon

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." - George W. Bush

"More and more of our imports are coming from overseas" -George W. Bush

"I was provided with addtional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version." -Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony

"The world is more like it is now then it ever has before." - Dwight Eisenhower

"You read what Disraeli had to say. I don't remember what he said. He said something. He's no longer with us." - Bob Dole

"You can't just let nature run wild." - Wally Hickel, former governor of Alaska

"I cannot tell you how grateful I am -- I am filled with humidity." - Gib Lewis, speaker of the Texas House

"They are not jackbooted Nazi thugs. They are merely German policemen in spiffy uniforms here to help us." - Vichy government of France

"Facts are stupid things." - Ronald Reagan

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -Dan Quayle

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure." -Dan Quayle

"We are not ready for an unforseen event that may or may not occur." -Dan Quayle

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a--it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation." -Dan Quayle

"It is wonderful to be here today in the great state of Chicago" - Dan Quayle

It's time for the human race to enter the solar system! - Dan Quayle

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
    -Dan Quayle

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." -Dan Quayle

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history -- this century's history--We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." - Dan Quayle

2. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Speaking as someone who usually votes Republican, you could fill a book with Quayleisms.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

These are funny as hell. Most, however, are slips of the tongue, not aniti-American statements. A couple of them are dead as well. It was a good laugh red, but it doesn't make conservatives look bad.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I honestly like Reagan's "Facts are stupid things" quote... I think it has a truth to it...