Your ten favorite LSU FB players of all time...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 6, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And if you are in your 20's you can't say YA Title or Billy Cannon because you never saw them play. Give an explanation why you like them so much.

1. Tyrann Mathieu - the most electrifying player in LSU history. I think most of us knew his freshman season that the little 14 dude was going to be special, sucks we were robbed of a season.

2. Herb Tyler - 1997 Florida, enough said.

3. Kenneth Mixon - I know Kenny and went to school with him so I'm biased on this one.

4. Todd Kinchen - he wasn't a speed demon but 49 was fun to watch, remember how he would punch and kick the goal posts in the NFL?

5. Abrham Booty - by far the "best Booty" of the bunch, dude was a vacuum.

6. Patrick Peterson - maybe the most gifted athlete to ever wear the P&G. Maybe also has the best head on his shoulders.

7. Rohan Davey - has there ever been a more under appreciated Tiger? 500 passing yards on the gumps, enough said.

8. Tommy Hodson - remember the Hodson for Heisman hype? Hodson to Fuller, does it get any better than that?

9. Jacob Hester - one of the most beloved Tigers of all time, a gamer, a 4th and 1 and 3rd and 1 machine.

10. Trev Faulk - ok ok I think everyone including Trev knows he should have stayed his senior year, spoke w Trev a few years ago and he is really a nice guy.

Honorable mentions

The Big 4....
    Zach Mettenberger, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, and Jeremy Hill. Give it a few years and they will prob crack my personal top 10.

I'm interested in everyone else's personal top 10.

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

In no particular order: Tommy Hodson, Nacho Albergamo, Tommy Cassanova, Herb Tyler, Dalton Hilliard, Jacob Hester, Craig Steltz, LaRon Landry, Bradie James, Leonard Marshall....do I have to stop at 10? Wendell Davis, Eddie Kennison, Alan Faneca, Kevin Mawae, Mike Anderson, Henry Thomas, Dominick Davis.....so many great ones.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

In reverse order....

10. Tommy Casanova - LSU's only 3-time All American, he was the PatPete of the 70s.

9. Steve Rehage - I'll bet a lot of the youngsters never even heard of this guy. Strong safety from the early 80's. If there were a statistic for players who knocked themselves out laying the wood to a ball carrier, he'd lead by a mile. When he was on the field, someone was going to get hit.....hard.

8. Eric Martin - Super tough, super hands, super running after the catch. Super.

7. Rohan Davey - Tough SOB at QB and a very underrated passer. You could tell he grew up in the Miami area watching Marino, had a similar over-the-top delivery and quick release, and always had an eye out for....

6. Josh Reed - everyone knew he was getting the ball. Still couldn't stop him.

5. Tom Hodson - Will never forget him carving up a big-time Texas A&M offense in front of a national TV audience in his first start as a redshirt freshman. Maybe the smartest QB LSU ever produced.

4. Kevin Faulk - the offense's version of Tyrann Mathieu, a big play waiting to happen.

3. Tyrann Mathieu - no explanation necessary; his early exit troubles aside, if you didn't love watching Honey Badger, you weren't really a football fan.

2. Wendell Davis - IMO, the most polished, NFL-ready receiver LSU ever produced. Artificial turf killed his career.

1. Dalton Hilliard - Being from St. Mary Parish, not having Dalton as your favorite can get you run out of town. But how could you not love the guy?

edit with an *Cecil Collins - thinking about him almost makes me want to start cussing. But for 3 games, he was absolutely beautiful to watch.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

How could I forget Charles Alexander! Rondell Mealey was also a favorite of mine as was Hokie Gajan. Sammy Martin, Garry James, just too many former greats to narrow it down to 10.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Interesting grouping of Mealey, Martin and James. All very good runners who I really didn't want to see on the field because they were taking carries away from - in order - Kevin, Harvey and Dalton.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Billy Cannon, Jerry Stovall, Tyrann Mathieu, Wendell Davis, Tommy Cassanova, Charlies Alexander, Patrick Peterson, Jacob Hester

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Add Mike Anderson, Bert Jones, Jimmy Taylor, Jarvis Landry

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I honestly can not name my 10 favorites. However Cassanova is number one. Then there us about a 30 player tie for number 2.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

OMG....Jim Taylor was EPIC, getting senile!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Tyrann Mathieu

the best college football player I have ever seen

VampMuse and geneinga like this.