Your Standard of Living Is In Jeopardy!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Liberals and Democrats like to blame Bush but Obama will have people screaming for a Reagan Conservative before too long.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Amos and Andy show now in progress.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The is so 3 years ago

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Well sure this post has an agenda but can you honestly disagree with it? I hadn't seen white house numbers that high on the deficit but even where I saw them were ridiculous. What part of this do you disagree with and why?

6. LSUMASTERMIND

I was really just joking with doughman and Sabanfan, I understand the ramifications of those numbers, its just curious to me that folks here are now all of a sudden concerned about the deficit. :popcorn:

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I took this as a compliment and got a chuckle out of this.:thumb:
    I'm not all of a sudden concerned about the deficit.
    I wasn't happy with Bush and the Republicans spending like liberals.
    Hint:I believe that is why the Dems took over the house and Senate.
    Some of it was justified though because of 9-11 and the wars.
    Also the amount of debt projected in the future is very alarming, we have to realize this doesn't take into account for national disasters and future events such as terrorist attacks and wars.

I will tell you one thing though, honestly!
    I now know how Rome fell, we are doing the same things to ourselves.
    We should quit pointing fingers and try and find ways to fix our economy and our way of living or the future for us and our kids won't be the same as the past.
    Everyone needs to decide if we are ok with our standard of living being reduced for us and our children.
    Everyone should also ask themselves if they are ok with the Feds becoming more powerful than ever before in our history.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

put the popcorn away, child, you have no clue how to stir a pot.

do you agree or disagree or do you want to play pointless political games? is the deficit bad or good? is spending this way bad or good? why does it matter about what bush did?

and who exactly are you calling out for being unconcerned about the spending under bush? nobody?

to avoid the issues by deflecting the attention to what people may or may not have favored under bush is cowardly.

big spending is either good or it isnt. it doesnt matter if it is bush spending 100 billion on a bailout, or obama, can you understand that?

some people are more interested in catching their political opponents in some stupid trap than actual consideration of the issue. is the only defense for the obama spending "well, bush spent too"? and if so, are we in agreement that obama is in fact terrible?

9. LSUMASTERMIND

id try to muster up an answer If I really gave a damn what you thought.
    pos!

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course. wouldnt want to address the reality of the issues. better to play pointless political sniping games with the other posters.

when you cant answer simple questions like "is huge deficit spending a good idea, regardless of who is president?", then perhaps you should reconsider if you have ever even thought about any issues beyond what is necessary to snipe, child.