Your respect level for Tom Brady

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, May 11, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

As a QB, I give Brady a 9 for respect and would be a 10 if not for this story.

The texts between the ball boys make me consider whether I should only give Brady a 2 or so for respect as a person. Not sure if Brady's persona as a decent guy is all an act. Gisele has had a few comments in recent years that make Brady seem unlikable by association.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What has every other team done. We as a society have such small attention spans that we just latch on to something and ignore everything else. I would bet life all 32 teams manipulate rules to benefit them. The Falcons broke a rule. They were given a slap on the wrist. Brady breaks a rule supposedly and gets 6 games? Shit man there have been guys busted with PED's that got less than that.

This is why the NFL is a fucking joke to me. Roger Goodell is an egomaniacal douchebag who thinks he is gods gift to the universe. He is just like the NCAA, just slinging out fines and suspensions with no type of correlation to previous incidents. If Twitter is pissed off, suspend him a year. If no one cares, eh just fine em.

If there is going to be punishment for violation of rules there should be some type of standard. There is none it's just Goodell Goodell Goodell, he is a fucking pussy who caves to pressure like an egg sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Surely, what you are missing is this is the equivalent to getting caught punching the clown; you either grab a pillow and act like you weren't doing anything or you say get the hell out I'm busy. Once they got caught they should have said "you know what, screw it, I did it and so what"! Clearly the deflated balls weren't an issue as per their play in the 2nd half of the AFCCG. Big deal.

Had they done that this would be over and done and probably with just a meaningless fine. It is the Patriots hubris that is generating all this hoopla

fanatic and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Can't believe I missed this thread.......my respect level for Brady remains a 12, you are all naive fools if you don't think just about every player in every professional sport isn't looking for some competitive edge, 2 psi really? Good thing they made sure all the balls were inflated to the proper amount for the Super Bowl, really made a difference, he STILL won the MVP of the SuperBowl with the entire shit storm of this non-dying story surrounding him. I don't care if you are a Brady fan or a Brady hater.....this whole thing needs to go.

Breaking news, Roger Goodell has named himself "Impartial Arbitrator" to hear Brady's appeal.......he's such a joke and needs to go.

goodelllhit1.jpg

ParadiseiNC, Winston1 and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nicely done Chica del Tigre'

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

never liked him. he gets away with a lot of shit, his rants, his profanity on the sideline, screaming at teammates etc
    the guy in Chicago just doesnt talk to teammates and they call him a dick.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hate to break it to you but it won't go away until your BF and his Uncle Billy and Grandpa Bob let it go away.

No one is saying other teams aren't doing thus or worse. Every sport from Nascar to curling will look for an edge. Dale Jr I'm pretty sure is on record saying it. The problem is when you're busted you're busted, take the locks and move on.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Call Tommy boy what you will but start it with, 6th round draft pick, 6 time Super Bowl, 4 time Super Bowl winner, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 10 time Pro Bowl dick if you must........show me a quarterback who doesn't yell at his teammates and I'll show him sitting on the couch for the playoffs.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i get it you are in love with him and im not taking away his accomplishments.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bradys cool and the best thing about him hes a guys guy. his teammates love him, he busts his ass and doesnt think hes better than them. because he still feels like a 6th rd pick who rode the bench at michigan. which makes him great. the same shit that drives drew brees.

i knew he fell on the sword for belichick during that presser last year. he had to do it to protect the super bowl coach from getting suspended as well as himself.

now they pay the price. its fair. he'll get one game dropped i suppose. may even win his lawsuit.

but yeah most hate him because hes kind of a bitch on the field. and he didnt win the last super bowl. pete carroll lost it.

and yeah, the softer football is a pretty big advantage in cold weather stadiums like foxboro. their differential turnover ratios prove it. but im not sure they should admit it. just dont say anything. let the owner talk and protect the pats image. never admit to shit. no way.

ParadiseiNC likes this.