your pick for DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Jan 4, 2015.

?

you make the hire

1. Pendegrast

40 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Shoop

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Vball

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Steele

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. Brick

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. LSUDad

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  7. Directional Mich Guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Someone else

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  9. TerryP

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think its come down to Brick

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

lol. touche

TerryP likes this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Did you just call him a touche? :cool:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hope they pull O if that happens.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Non, monsieur. I simply skipped the accent aigu.

TerryP and Herb like this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Another pretty good article. IMO Miles should crawl on hands and knees and BEG Pendergast to take the job and if he wont do the same with yaw yaw. This is looking more and more like a serious downgrade unless Miles pulls a rabbit out the hat(very doubful at this point). I origionally said it was a big mistake to let Chavis get away, especially to a conference rival. Nothing that has happened since has done anything but reinforce that opinion. Miles really needs to pull one out of his ass quickly or once again be left looking like a bumbling stumbling idiot. I hope it's a case of big time smoke and mirrors with Miles actually knowing what he is doing, but that looks Les(pun intended) likely every day.
    http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/20...e-coordinator-search-where-do-we-go-from-here

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This may help, looks like the kids know what they see:
    Top recruits pick best stadium and game-day atmosphere
    SAN ANTONIO – The 2015 U.S. Army All-American players were polled last week by 247Sports on a number of topics, including which school they think has the best stadium and which school has the best game-day atmosphere. LSU ranked high in the minds of the future college stars in the anonymous poll.

The players were asked which college stadium was their favorite of the ones they had been to, and LSU’s Tiger Stadium and Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium came out on top with nine total votes each, edging out USC’s Memorial Coliseum (8).

LSU came out on top again in the best game-day atmosphere category, tying Ohio State with eight total votes when players were asked to name the best they had ever experienced. Alabama and Georgia each got seven votes, while Tennessee and Texas A&M each received six.

The impression made on these star players by the schools has paid off on the recruiting trail. LSU currently has the No. 10-ranked recruiting class in the country according to the 247Sports team recruiting rankings and is in position to close strong and climb higher.

The rest of the schools finishing in the top group mentioned above also currently have top-10 recruiting classes, led by No. 1 Alabama. Georgia (No. 3), USC (No. 4), Tennessee (No. 5), Ohio State (No. 7) and Texas A&M (No. 8) have also been able to sell their facilities and atmosphere well to top recruits.

See the full results of the poll questions below.

[​IMG]
    (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
    Favorite College Stadium:
    9 votes: LSU, Tennessee
    8: USC
    7: Texas A&M
    6: Florida State, Ohio State
    5: Alabama, Florida
    4: Notre Dame
    3: Clemson, Georgia, Michigan
    2: Auburn, Ole Miss, Penn State, Texas
    1: Arizona State, Arkansas, Duke, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Missouri, N.C. State, Oregon, UCLA, Washington, Wisconsin

Best Game-day Atmosphere:
    8 votes: LSU, Ohio State
    7: Alabama, Georgia
    6: Tennessee, Texas A&M
    5: Notre Dame, USC
    4: Auburn, Florida
    3: Clemson, Florida State, Penn State
    2: Arizona State, Oregon
    1: Duke, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas Tech, Utah, Washington, West Virginia

red55 likes this.
  8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I didn't think of him, but I like Karl Dunbar. He is a former LSU player who has a lot of experience in coaching. It is looking like none of the big names are panning out for whatever reason.

I do think Zook would be a great fit if he would get offered and accept. He is a great DC, just sucks as a HC. Plus he is an awesome recruiter.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Dunbar coached the LSU DL for one season before returning to the NFL. Said he preferred coaching pro over college. Don't see him returning. Zook doesn't do anything for me either.

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Jack Del Rio was spotted at Mulate's in Baton Rouge last night eating stuffed flounder with Peveto, Miles, & Haley. They shared pitchers of beers, sang ole British Pub songs, and laughed the night away....

Winston1 likes this.