Your iPod

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 17, 2013.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Noone really buys ipods anymore do they? Great Thread....

Ok, here’s what’s on my current list, some letters I couldn’t pick one so I listed both …..spotify only baby!

A.Anywhere with you-Jake Owen/Anything But Mine-Kenny Chesney too close to call

B.Bartender-Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds Live at Luther College

C.Cosmic Love-Florence and the Machine Unplugged

D.Dog Days-Florence and the Machine Unplugged (love my stripped down versions!)

E.Evangeline-Turnpike Troubadors

F.Fade Into You-Mazzy Starr

G.Gin and Juice-The Gourds

H.Heard It in a Love Song-Marshall Tucker Band/How to save a Life Acoustic-The Fray….too close to call here

I.If I had a Million-Pat Green/I hope I don’t fall in Love with you-Tom Waits

J.Joey Acoustic-Concrete Blonde

K.Kiss-Prince….if that doesn’t make you smile, you are a communist J

L.Lover Lay Down-Dave Matthes/Tim Reynolds Live at Luther College

M.Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Acoustic version

N.Night Moves-Bob Seger

O.Over My Head Acoustic-The Fray/One-Johnny Cash Acoustic

P.Pickup Truck-Kings of Leon (currently my fav song, due to change tomorrow)

Q.Queen/King of Pain-Alanis Morissette Acoustic

R.Red Dirt Girl-Emmylou Harris

S.S&M-Rihanna/Stubborn Love-The Lumineers…too close again

T.Time is Love-Josh Turner

U.Underneath it all Acoustic-No Doubt

V.Velvet-Stoney LaRue

WWith or without you-U2

X.X&Y-Coldplay

Y.You and Tequila-Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter

Z.Zoo Station-U2

2. fanatic

fanatic Evil Morty Lives...

Not for adults. Santa brought one to my 6yr old this past Christmas. She loved it for about a week, but now wants an iPad.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No one carries them around much anymore. Mine lives in the console of my truck and plays through the sound system. I bring it inside about 4 time a year to sync it with iTunes and get the new music.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I have my iphone which is basically an ipod, and my roommate has an old ipod we use for working out to hook up to the speakers in the garage.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I use my iPod in my car and at the gym. I can't stand listening to the radio anymore--damned commercials.

tigerchick46 and VampMuse like this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

gave me 2 year old an ipod, he watches his disney shows on it on road trips.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Between my daughters, they have 1 iPad, 2 iPods, an iTouch, and a cell phone. But keep in mind, they are 8 and nearly 12.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I can definitely see where an iPod would be perfect for kids, never thought about that because I dont have any...curious, what age do kids get cell phones these days? I didn't get my first till I was 19.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village Staff Member

Bought my 5 yr old an ipod touch. He loved it right up until he lost it a month or two later. Then he found it and lost it again. 3 bills down the toilet

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village Staff Member

Here is where I'm at so far. Lets call it my "quest". I've lost so much music over the years because for some reason I never backed anything up. When I was in Iraq there was a shared drive that was accessible across the brigade, maybe even the division that anyone with access to a computer on any of the FOB's could get into. I don't know how many GB it was but it was without a doubt the largest music/playlist I have ever seen in my life. I was there for a year and I never made it through the whole damn thing. I wanted to copy it and bring it home but we didn't have anything that would hold it. 2 laptops and 1 portable hard drive, a few ipods and 1 32GB micro later and I'm still trying to rebuild. I'm now on the hunt for Smashing Pumpkins, Mars Volta, Weezer (Thanks Supa) Blood Sweat and Tears (Amigo) Tupac (Mancha) The Doors, SRV, RHCP (Wjray) Incubus, Bush (C. Sensation) Jimi, G. Lightfoot (TigerTap) Lenny Kravits (Fanatic) Live, Metallica (Vamp) JayZ, Miles Davis (MM) Linkin Park, Pretenders (Stacy) Fuel (MLU) AudioSlave (Seaward) The Gourds **Sidebar, from the very first time I heard it, their version of Gin and Juice is the only one I can listen to, if I hear the snoop version it never sounds quite right** and Marshal Tucker Band, Fire on the mountain is such a bad ass song and Bob Seger (TC46)

Thanks guys

tigerchick46 and fanatic like this.