Your Favorite Beer

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUGradin99, Nov 17, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i will assume you are kidding. next you will be claiming that font size is part of spelling.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Don't you capitalize at the beginning of a sentence?
    (Well, most folks do...)

Don't you capitalize proper nouns and not common nouns?

Dost thou covet the mantle of spelling maven whilst brushing
    aside any other modicum of proper communication?

PS I STILL think that 13 year old girl on ESPN could take ya in the 'bee... :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont use caps, it just isnt my style. it is a hassle and i dont think it is worth it. i think everyone should quit using them and the world would be a better place.

and you are right, those home-schooled weirdo kids, they are freaking incredible. they would beat me. if i studied, i would give them a run for their money. when i was in school i would murder people in various competitions because i can spell words like "reykjavik". but those kids take it to another level. i can spell every word anyone would ever use in conversation easily, but those kids spell words you cannot possibly have heard of unless you have studied them. even so i get alot of them through word origins and multiple pronunciations. my favorite of all time is the girl from brooklyn who won and went absolutely nuts. her final word was euonym, which is easy, but some of the others were impossible. once i saw them ask for "boudin" and "lagniappe". those are tough if you arent from LA.

i think maybe i have seen them ask "beignet" which is truly impossible unless you dont know french or are from south LA. french origins are the hardest in my book.

in fact, if you havent seen it you should definitely rent the documentary "spellbound".

4. bayareatiger

Ummmmmmmmm....dude....

I realize that there are many that use it in error, but...

"ALOT" is NOT a word. it is the combination of the article "a"
    and the noun "lot", used to indicate many.

It is commonly misspelled, even thought of as an actual word
    by many in my company, but alas, it does not exist in ANY dictionary.

Perhaps someday, like "irregardless", it will come to be known as a word or spelled that way due to common usage.

Sorry to have to inform you of your "first" spelling mistake.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am aware that alot is not a word, neither is yunno, or typoed. i use them alot anyways. you arent gonna break any word news to me. yunno geaux isnt how you spell "go" either. maybe you should go tell podnuh's bbq they are not spelled correctly. learn to differentiate between style and mistakes.

look, you can try all you like, but is extremely unlikely you will tell me something i dont know about words, or spelling. i am the best, probably better than anyone you have ever known.

i already addressed the word irregardless in a previous thread. 3rd page.

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=16159&page=3&pp=15&highlight=irregardless+word

i also used the word "dunno" in that thread. you can correct me if that pleases you.

thanks for the advice though.

6. bayareatiger

i no wat u sayn main!

i tinks yo kool

arite?????

i gots know advise foa pefect main....

aint dat whut u iss??????