You know what...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DallasLSU, Dec 8, 2003.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

My favorite is that they were all talking a week ago about "travel arrangements to New Orleans" and "hotel rooms in the french quarter." Most of their fans had already bought tickets, rooms, airfare....AND THEN THEY DIDN'T GO....Feel bad, but thats their dumb ass fault.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I have no capability to feel sorry for USC fans. They were too stupid to realize that there was still a decent chance that they wouldn't go and that's there own dumb fault. HELL, they didn't even care enough to sell out there OWN stadium.

3. DallasLSU

That was really, really sad.... I don't, as a recruit, see how you could want to go there over a place like LSU or OU or Texas where the stadiums are rocking....

4. DallasLSU

When I say rocking, I literally mean it...The level of noice we put out during the game would scare the crap out of a Southern California socialite...

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That's not uncommon for California schools ... rarely do they sellout for a college sporting event.

Guess they are too busy saving the rain forest or something...

6. DallasLSU

Nah, they're having Mocca's and talking about the Cat in the Hat premiere..

7. Russell Durham

Russell Durham Founding Member

Hell I even stayed up til 2:30 Sunday morning watching Boise State kick the crap out of Hawaii just to be sure. It should be USC instead of Oklahoma there is no question to that. I mean Kansas State had a chance to go to the National championship a couple of years ago and lost the Big XII title game and they were left at home. USC and LSU are conference champions, I feel bad for them but nobody would be feeling sorry for us if the tables were turned. The guys that go out on that field on Jan. 4th are just going to have to prove that the right team is there. Also, I will be rooting like hell for Michigan in the Rose Bowl. I think Skip needs to call someone in L.A. and make that open game because of VA TECH a game with USC, be it a home and home or a one time thing.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

One USC poster on the Tiger Rag board tried to comfort us by assuring us, "We don't live and breathe for football, so we're going to be okay."

Do we give a rat's fat *$$ is they're okay?

NO!

And, yes, that weak turn-out for the last regular season game was sorry.

Two weeks ago, against Arkansas, the second-largest crowd in Tiger Stadium history turned out. That's fan support.

9. Claw

Claw Founding Member

Yes, attendance was poor at the USC game vs. Oregon State....but then again, isn't attendance not up to par with all of the L.A. based college programs? Those USCs better thank their lucky stars they will be playing Michigan in a "home" game rather than LSU in an "away" game. The dome will be a rockin', so USC, don't bother knockin'.

This BS you hear spouting from P. Carroll's mouth is basically nothing but lip service. He knows better. He wants no part of LSU in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. He's basically trying to save face. Hell, look at it this way...the most rauckous and hostile crowd USC faced all year was at CAL...look at the results!