You just can't be mean to these people

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Oct 4, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Author Comment LSUSportsman
    Boatsman's Mate
    (10/4/05 12:21:08 pm)
    Reply WOW....VANDY has some 1st class people....... Through my few posts here I have been very impressed with the VANDY Nation. From a few simple questions I was able to give away 15 gallons of File' Gumbo : ) an get some ideas on where we could have our tailgate and get a great feel for the excitement we are in for this Saturday Night in Nashville and on National TV. This is the Big Time folks....your 4-1 Vandy team is one of the great stories in College Football.

As we all know not all fans in the SEC can conduct themselves with class.....But Vaderbilt certainly can. LSU fans can too; but a few bad apples can spoil the image of the bunch. But I would like to express my appreciation for the warm welcome I have received from some great people.

We plan to set up a tailgate around Lot T; the lot at the Corner of Nachez Trace and Blakemore Ave. We will have a spirited family atmosphere, with professional people enjoying the Nashville Gameday enviroment. At the request of your Board we will be preparing File' Gumbo for our group and the Members of your Site & Friends. We will have a low Volume DJ, File' Gumbo, and a 100 or so people. Come one come all.....we look forawrd to an excellent ballgame, a wonderful time, and meeting some great people.

We also will have a ZERO tolerance for stupid behavior.....

We will return the favor when you come back to Baton Rouge.

Respectfully,

LSU S

*** I also know football fairly well, having played a good bit....if you would like I could provide a true and acurate breakdown of the game from the LSU vantage point by posistion....It is something I do every week and would be glad to post....without a final score. I expect a very competitive battle....that could go either way.

sorry for any (sp) I had to post and run.

vandorawelty
    Captain
    (10/4/05 12:25:01 pm)
    Reply a true Cajun gentleman... You honor us with your presence, sir.

BrentVU
    Administrator
    (10/4/05 12:39:20 pm)
    Reply Thanks I made the trip to LSU last year, and it was up there with the most fun road trips I've ever made. Everyone warned me beforehand to beware, that the LSU fans can get crazy, but my party was treated warmly and with great respect. I even swallowed a few raw oysters! We had a great evening.

And yes, we'd love to read your position breakdown!

PortlandDore
    Chief
    (10/4/05 1:50:13 pm)
    Reply Re: WOW....VANDY has some 1st class people....... Thank you for your kind comments. We always appreciate polite visitors.

A sampling of personal experience: one of my favorite college professors earned his doctorate at Louisiana State University.

VANDY69
    Captain
    (10/4/05 2:15:11 pm)
    Reply Re: WOW....VANDY has some 1st class people....... If you go to his tailgate, ask him to explain the difference between File' and regular gumbo. I know the difference, but a true Cajun can put a cooking passion into the answer, I can't match.[​IMG]

http://mb5.scout.com/fvanderbiltfrm1.showMessage?topicID=18322.topic

Before anyone ask, I am not LSUsportsman.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Re: You just can't be mean these people

Huh?

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Blasphemy...Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Their whole board is like this. I usually like talking a little trash the week before the game, but how can you smack talk these people?

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I wonder if they all leave too when it rains?

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Oh. Well I guess it's much easier to be nice when you never expect to win. It's kind of a trade off. Vandy people don't get as mad about losing, but they also don't get as excited about winning.

(Yeeeeeeeaahh....Grad brought 'er back!!:D)

7. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

honestly, they are like canadians... as much as you make fun of them... they are the nicest people... eh

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Yes he did, and she isn't getting away this time.

[​IMG]

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Tell them that LSU is a better academic school. $10 says you get banned from the board.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

This is exactly like it is when we play Northwestern. They will even have signs at their games that say, "be nice to our team... we may employ you someday."