You heard it here first (Rumor central)

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Feb 16, 2018.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Rumor has it that FA WR Jarvis Landry has reached out to Saints officials about coming to NO. Asking price may be the deal killer though. He wants $15m per, but the Saints have only offered $12m. Maybe if Drew gives us a home town discount, since the Saints have paid him his full $100m contract, the deal could get done. Imagine JL on one side and Thomas on the other. With Ingram and Kamara in the backfield, the potential is there to be as good as the 2011 offense.

Again, just a rumor so take it for what it's worth.

Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That would be nice...

fanatic likes this.
  3. didit

didit Veteran Member

i don't know if i would pay that much for a receiver that's not megatron good... landry has great hands but he is not "blowing the top off the defense" as they say... i would much prefer to get another shut-down corner opposite lattimore... landry should be the one to take the discount to come play for a contender with a qb who can actually get him the ball... and he would be coming home...

Herb and Richdog like this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That's not the smart move for him to make imo. Your shelf life in the NFL is so short. This is going to be maybe his only opportunity to get a huge contract. He should go get it.

5. didit

didit Veteran Member

I kinda agree... If your main reason is money then go get 15 mil per... but if you want to win and have a chance at the ring you take "only" 10-12 mil per... He'll still be able to buy most anything he wants and still win but he not gonna win in Miami... I'll bet Marino would trade some of his money for that Superbowl win...

Richdog likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sadly, you're right. It's a business and you're a fool if you make business decisions with your heart. I would love to see him in the black & gold but it's not going to happen. And it would make more sense to the Saint to sign a lockdown corner in the gree agent market and try to move up in the draft high enough to get WR and kick returner Christian Kirk

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    didit likes this.
  7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eives-franchise-tag-from-dolphins?share=other

Damn bro. Swing and a miss...

8. fanatic

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Kod

10. fanatic

Yep, unfortunately that's me. Open mouth, insert foot. And no matter how many times it happens, I never learn.

I remember once, I was celebrating winning a 4 team parlay when the last team I had scored a TD with hardly any time on the clock, which would have been worth about $800, IIRC. All I needed was the extra point and of course, he missed it. Didn't get blocked or anything. The dude just outright missed it. Ended up pushing that game and a push was a loss on that particular parlay.

Same with the Suckeyes/Miami national championship game back in the day. Had Miami +6. They were up 7 in OT when that fucking back judge threw the flag 10 years after the play was over. I think the 'Canes were even hoisting the trophy when he threw the flag. And replay of course, showed there was no PI. Lost about a grand on that one. So yeah, the KOD is part of my life's history.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    kcal, didit and tirk like this.