You have got to be joking!!!!!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TwistedTiger, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Now, what does this have to do with Saints fans never embracing a black QB, again? Oh, that's right...nothing.

'Statistics remind me of the guy who drowned in a river with an average depth of 3 feet.' - Woody Hayes

2. clair

clair Rockets

it is either race, or that saints fans as a whole just were too stupid to realize who's fault it was that the team sucked...

1. why is it that Bobby Hebert is a legend in New Orleans, and he never won anything of substance

2. Why is it that Archie Manning is such a hero, when he literally never won ANYTHING

3. Why is it that fans were so quick to turn on the ONE man to win a playoff game?!

you'd think they would have made him an instant hero, too, right?! Just like LSU fans. Mauck wasn't the greatest QB in the world, but he won for us, so he is an instant legend. I'd think the same would be said for Brooks.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that some of this is truly because Saints fans are nieve, and expect an offense to score 40 points a game, but from being in the dome on a lot of those SUndays, the 1st thing yelled wasn't "put in the backup" it was "Take out that Nigger" and anyone who has gone to Saints games during his reign KNOW this is true

3. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I've been to quite a few Saint's games the past few years and I've heard TONS of explitives thrown at AB. I've even heard Nigger a few times, but not near enough where I would label an entire fan base as racist.

Fans don't like Aaron because he doesn't give the impression that he cares. That bothered them before he won his one playoff game and it bothered them afterwards.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Was the wind blowing? I thought I heard something...

This is a message board. You need to get over yourself (advice I should have taken a few years back)

5. LSUDeek

right, that one pass that was behind Bowe and should have been intercepted.

6. LSUDeek

Stats don't tell any type of story. You rely on those alone to judge a player. It's more of the drive sustaining ability that I didn't see after the injury last year. Others know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about passes thrown behind and away from receivers, incompleted passes, etc. He threw so many passes at the feet of Craig Davis it wasn't even funny.

Brooks got hurt in the TB game. They lost 3 of the next 4. Again, stats don't tell the whole story, but Brooks looked absolutely ABYSMAL against Cincy and a Rodney Peete-led Carolina team. I know. I followed the Saints most closely that season. He was ****ing hurt and the coach was too stupid to put a healthy QB in for him.

His poor play was the reason we lost to Cincinnati and Carolina to close out the season. The defense lost the Vikings game.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You're telling me you haven't heard this at LSU games as well? The fans come from a very similar demographic, you know. You're going beyond fanbase characteristics and into cultural phenomena. You'd hear similar murmurings all across the south. But NOLA is one of the most racially diverse cities in the country. Saying they'd never accept a black QB is foolish.

8. clair

clair Rockets

I agree that he wasn't very good the last few seasons, and I am not calling you guys racists because you don't like him, b/c unlike the idiot fans in the dome, you guys have real reasons for disliking him.

I just wanted to emphasize that in my opinion over 50% of the boos he got were:
    a. too quick
    b. were racially oriented...

I mean, I could be wrong and there is no way to tell. You can't deny that it at least was a small problem the fanbase had with him.

And I know it is the same with JR and Flynn.

9. clair

clair Rockets

so averaging 29.1 pts a game over the last 6 games of the year against the teeth of the SEC schedule and not losing any of those 6 games isn't good enough for you?

He wasn't crisp on some of his throws, but find me a QB in the SEC that was. Especially one that was a Sophomore

10. clair

clair Rockets

how is it his fault? Yeah, he played like crap, but how is that his fault. You said yourself it was the coaches stupidity.

If he just quits, people say he is a pussy