You are an NFL GM/Head Coach

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Dec 18, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh if only it were that simple.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yes. I would draft Cam Newton and I'd draft him in the 1st round (and I think that the majority of NFL GM's agree with me).

If Tim Tebow got drafted in the 1st round, why wouldn't Scam Newton? Scam Newton is better than Tim Tebow. I know that that last comment will rile some of you up, but it's true.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree, Scam could be or perhaps is better than Tebow and yes Timmy was drafted in the first round and some would argue that it cost Mcdaniel his job. I haven't heard a talk show or an "expert" to date that hasn't said that was the dumbest move of the draft. They could have taken Tebow in the 4th or later.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tim Tebow being drafted in the first round in my opinion is on of the biggest draft blunders I think I can remember. Is he first round material, it's too early to tell, but what you gave up to get him, when you could have gotten him in round 3 or 4 was ridiculous.

I wouldn't have taken Tebow until the 4th or 5th. With Cam Newton, I would draft him lower because Tebow has something that Cam doesn't. Work ethic. Newton relies on his physical skills only. He is going to fizzle out in the NFL like Russell and Vince Young.

5. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

how do you know he has no work ethic? just curious, cam seems to be a good teammate and wins wherever he plays. Plus, he picked up malzhans (sp) off. rather quickly seems like good work ethic to me.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That offense may be a pain in the ass for defenses to figure out but it doesn't look that hard for a quarterback to grasp. It's a bunch of variations of the same 4 plays.

And the work ethic thing, because of the cheating at Florida. If you have to cheat on tests, you really don't have a very good work ethic in my opinion. Plus the laptop thing, makes me think he likes to take shortcuts. I am assuming but I am assuming based on things that have happened in his past, and other kids that were physical freaks that have never had to work much because they were so much more physically gifted than anyone around them.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dude. Come on. There have been bigger draft blunders, I can assure you. I can name a few LSU guys that were drafted in the 1st round that were bigger blunders than that. We'll start with JaMarcus and Craig Davis. I could list quite a few more, but I'll show respect for the LSU alums and I'll stop there.

To be fair, you don't know whether or not it was a draft blunder....yet. I'm not saying that it was a good move, but you gotta give it a little time.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I won't disagree with you, but a project like Tebow isn't a 1st rounder, he is more of a late 3rd to 4th round pick. He will need work and once he has a few yrs under his belt could be a solid NFL QB. Perfect example is Tom Brady, a 6th rounder who sat learned from a veteran for a few yrs then became, well we all know. A 1st rounder is picked with hopes of making an immediate impact.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Drafting Tebow in the 1st round was a major blunder no if's, and's, or but's. Denver got raked over the coals and rightfully so.

Watching him Sunday he still thought he was a Gator. If he wants to continue to run the ball he might want to think about increasing his insurance coverage. Michael Vick he's not.

10. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

cheating on test and buying stolen property, then throwing it out of a window, have zero to do w/ his on the field work ethic. One of the hardest working WR to ever play the game is Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, and he was a coke head off the field. But, everybody that played w/ him and against him have said that he worked harder than everybody else. If you dislike him cause of the P2P allegations or the fact that he single handedly beat lsu, then that is 1 thing but to say he has no work ethic based on off the field problems is way off course imo.