www.lsusports.tv

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Sep 23, 2003.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

anyone subscribe to this? is it a good deal worth the money?

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'd say if you have a T1 connection and you can waste time at work, it's quite an enjoyable way to reduce your overall production and lessen your value to your employer...It's a great way to do it.

Wonderful way to travel the professional spectrum to go from a company asset to a company liability...

Seriously, though...To enjoy it, you need a high speed connection and a good graphics card, my friend...

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

cable and a ati 9700 pro....i mean what is it...a archive of past games and such?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

TexasTiger said in an earlier post that they show the games that are not on the tube live. I think he said he watched the Leathernecks game on lsusports.net

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have a T1 but I have never watched anything like a whole game on streaming video. Even at that speed I find that a lot of video stuff pauses every few minutes to download more of the content. I don't think a better graphics card could do anything about that.

How would you like to see "Green is open downfield. Mauck throws as he is hit. (a minute or so of downloading the rest of the play) We'll be back with the kickoff in a few."

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

A video card won't do much. It all about avaiable bandwidth, a combo of what you have avaiable and how busy the lsusports.tv server is. Even with "high speed" internet in homes these days, quality live streaming video is far from being really reliable.

7. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

Its worth it to me

Living here in BFE I must say that I do subscribe to it and use it every week.

My access to LSU sports or college football in general is very limited. So I catch all the press conferences and games on video. I do not have any major problems with it. I do have a very fast connection (slower than T1 but faster than DSL) here in NZ and only have 2-3 interuptions during a 3 hour broadcast and each interuption only last 20-30 seconds.

So for me paying appx. 5.95 a month is a no-brainer if I can have more access to LSU football and LSU sports in general.

Just my two cents worth

Geaux Tigers!

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have it and I really like it however my firewall at work for some reason prevents it from working. I do a lot of programming and listening to background noise is great when writing code. I really like it though, I get to listen to all the Radio shows etc etc..

But you have to have a broadband connection DSL at the min..

But for 30 bucks to me its worth it.

9. migraine55

migraine55 Freshman

LSUSports.tv is streaming, so there's not download time or delay for downloading the video. You definitely need a Cable/DSL or faster connection, but most video cards work just fine with it.

Sure, you're gonna have problems with it behind a firewall, but I find it to be an incredibly good deal for $5.95 a month. It's $30 if you sign up for Eatel internet access with it, but that's dial-up so I wouldn't recommend it.

...Hope that helps!