WR Rueben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

Re: Rueben Randle

:geaux::crystal::helmet: Good post. I read Dandy Don's updates daily and enjoy his site. He's a dedicated Tiger Fan who supports all LSU teams win or lose, which can't alway's be said for a lot of folks. I think that a lot of the charm in his column comes from the fact that he's honest, fair and speaks from the heart. He may not be a total recruiting expert when compared to other sources, but as stated above he's a good asset to the Tiger Nation and I look forward to reading his site in the future. The more sources of information we have, the better. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  2. emry123

emry123 Founding Member

what does this have to do with randle? who cares...

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: If you read the previous posts you'd realize people were talking about a Dandy Don post on Randle. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just for the record, I read his stuff daily and have defended him on this board in the past for many reasons yall have stated. I respect him and glad to have such a big fan doing so well with his own site. Very good resource for the out of towners as well.

Just wanted to say that from what I have noticed this year and in years past that he is off on the numbers we will take, the % chances of landing prospects, the local guys we are after, etc... Some of this has to do with the time of year because he gets better when NSD approaches and I think he has been limited some in the amount of info he can get from LSU now.

5. clair

clair Rockets

His sources he always speaks of is reading another site or message board and then posting what he finds there and twisting the info a little bit to make it unique to his site.

When I broke the Hatch story, he emailed me asking who I heard it from and when I told him I couldn't tell him, he put in his blog a few days ago that Hatch is the leader, but that the race is too close to call.

I've heard similar complaints from other sportswriters in the area.

The poster above said it perfect in that he is valuable to the LSU community, but he is no Sonny or Mike

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I read Dandy Don daily and I enjoy it. He talks to the recruits themselves in La., and the high school coaches, and the players dad if he can. He goes to BR for the 15 minutes he can attend. He covers all the sports. He's a homer, so you gotta take his bias and understand you are not getting the most accurate prediction on games, but what might happen if everything falls our way. He'll probably predict us to go 12-0 this year, because we will not be outclassed by anyone, and on a given Sat. we could beat any of them. I look at it like, one Sat. we may be down while the other team plays their best game and upsets us.

I like Don.

1 person likes this.
  7. clair

clair Rockets

I like him a lot, too. He is great at what he does. And I give you that he does know a lot of high school coaches, primarily in his area.

I dunno. I just am in the AD Building a lot and I know they all don't like him, so maybe all I hear is the bad stuff. :)

8. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

I like Mr. Long a lot also, he gives us a lot of insight where a Sports Reporter Don't. He gives the human side of LSU Sports a lot of the time.

:geaux:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Spoke with a customer on the phone for a company I work for and she just happened to be from Bastrop.

Of course we went on and on about how good a team they have (#4 in the nation). And of course I had to bring up Randle. She spoke to Reuben's mom and had some info on his recruiting situation.

All I am gonna say is :wink:

1 person likes this.
  10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Maybe so. His brother posts on another board all the time and said he hasnt made his mind up. I highly doubt he will leave the state, but Ill trust his brother.