WR Rueben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Tigerfan03

Tigerfan03 Founding Member

Re: Rueben Randle

Depends on what you mean by the "skinny". I mean are you referring to where he stands in the recruiting process or his abilitys.

If you are referring to his abilitys then let me be the first to tell you that he is the best receiver I have ever seen personally in person. I have watched a ton of football in my lifetime and I have never seen a more complete receiver in high school ever. "What is it he can't do?" should really be the question. He is a major downfield threat on every play. Against Rayville and Evangel he got behind the cornerbacks at will. He received a bomb against Rayville in the 2nd quarter that was just incredible. Then you have jams. He beast jams easily with his size and quickness. The worst scouting report I have seen was by ESPN I believe that said he couldn't beat jams, or that it was a problem. HAAAAAAAA.... Whatever, he DWARFS the cornerbacks and manhandles them like Benton did. No one has been able to man up on Randle. Neville claimed last year that they had the guy in Teddy Holley and Neville decided to leave Teddy out on a island covering Randle in their first matchup. You can guess how that ended up. Randle dominated.

Randle's lateral movements-cutting ability-it's amazing for a guy his size and height. He moves like Barry Sanders and Peter Warrick through traffic, but he is also so strong he runs some guys over. Bastrop loved running a little wide receiver screen with Randle at times and he would just dart through traffic making people miss. He is so agile and quick that they used him on punt return's and he about broke a big one every time he fielded a punt. I can't stress how well his body control is for a guy his size, ridiculous.

Then you have his hands. His hands are as soft as silk and sure as taxes. He catches everything that comes his way. Bastrop during Randle's sophmore year started taking advantage of his freakish hands by just throwing the ball up like New England Patriots did with Randy Moss. Randal Mackey would just throw the ball up and Reuben would go up and get it everytime. I remember 2 direct instances where this exact thing happened. First against Neville during Reuben Randle's sophmore year Randle Mackey threw like a 40 yard bomb to Reuben in the endzone towards the sideline. There were 2 Neville defenders there in perfection position looking back for the ball. All 3 went up and Reuben freaking tipped the ball after he outjumped the other 2 defenders back towards himself and caught it on the rebound. He later did this same thing against Minden in the semi-finals of the playoffs. This time though Randle Mackey threw like a 50 yard bomb that ended up being a jump ball with Reuben outjumping and catching the ball at it's highest point. Against Evangel this year, Evangel tried running man coverage all night on Reuben and he caught a fade pattern in the back of the endzone from about 30 yards out that was a thing of beauty. He beat his man and caught the ball once again at it's highest point.

He blocks very well downfield too. He is just the whole package, he will go pro one day if he stays healthy. There is no reason why he shouldn't unless he has a mental collapse. OH, and I am a big Ouachita fan, no bias here. Bastrop and Ouachita have bad blood, but I know sick talent and this cat is the best. Deserves every honor that comes his way. :D:D:wave::wave:LSU!:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You goofy sucka! I was wondering why you were "unlocking" it! I was saying Davenport is a TIGER LOCK...

[​IMG]

Get it? Tiger LOCK!:lol:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, yeah, like . . . HEEEE'SS GRRREAAT. :wave:

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Das right!:wave:

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I wonder if this thing could be used to lock YOU out of a thread? A "Tiga" lock, so to speak!:hihi:

[​IMG]

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If it could, you'd be a rich man. :lol:

It seems to be making me post more there, fishtail.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We finished 2nd to USC.....yes we had a good shot at him

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Want me to lock him out, Izzy? I'll do it...I swear I will!:po:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

[​IMG]

Just that quick, ma friend...just that quick. Don't mess with the TAIL! :wave:

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

very nice Fishhead, very nice....