WR Rueben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If you had read this thread, you would see that I am not the guy to be quoting here. I am in favor of Miles telling Emmett to carry his ass. And yes it is ok for a recruit to say that. He can go where he likes.

I do not agree that Benton should have had his offer rescinded, no matter how it plays out.

And don't act like the Emmett acted nobly. He would have been sneaky if he had not had a phone conversation with Miles and just done it on NSD. But doing the radio interview in addition to that phone call, is not forthright. There are plenty of words to describe that, but forthright is not one of them.

Emmett was best to stay off the radio and handle it with the staff. He did his son a huge disservice.

2. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

The truth is, you're wrong. DLo WANTED and STILL WANTS to go to LSU. But, he's playing the cards he was dealt, realizing he had a big role in the deck having to be reshuffled. He knows had he handled his business in high school, this would be a moot point. He'd be a year or two away from leaving and in position to mentor Rueben, but he didn't handle his business. A very hard but fair lesson learned. He's going to try to make the most of the opportunity, with no ill will towards Rueben or Coach Miles. Not to say he won't have extra motivation to play well when Auburn plays LSU. He's happy and agreed that CLM made the right decision, whether he should've had to make it or not.

What he doesn't like, is how Emmitt handled the situation. He doesn't feel the man can say he was trying to help DLo, when he didn't even talk to DLo about it until after the fact. At the same time, he's not angry with him. Had he been left with no scholly anywhere...well that could've been grounds for serious issues. But it worked out in the end.

RUEBEN also says it has nothing to do with competition. He's up for competition. He expects to win, but is prepared to lose. He was not up for competition with DLo THIS YEAR. If this were the NFL, all bets would've been off and may the best man win. Had it been a situation where DLo were already down there, and they had to compete, that would've been different. But he says HE wouldn't have felt right if he was the reason his homeboy, who's already two years behind, didn't get to play right away, when obviously DLo needs to play right away more than he does. Rueben seemed to have genuine concern for DLo. Emmitt, not so much.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That's the biggest crock I've heard during this whole thing.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I see Bertha and the Butt Sisters have made an avatar appearance. :hihi:

5. asignupe99

A crock maybe, but the biggest? Really?:hihi:

6. asignupe99

I for one hope they stick around for a while...:thumb:

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

nothing wrong with a nice azz

8. mobius481

Rueben saying he didn't want to play with Benton because benton needed to get early pt and basically he wouldn't get it if he was competing against randle? Yep, the biggest.

9. asignupe99

You totally misinterpreted that. He didn't say he wouldn't, but it is a competition so it's possible he wouldn't. Rueben is too humble to even entertain that thought.

10. mobius481

Okay, maybe I'm reading it wrong, I'll try again.

So he said he didn't mind competition but didn't want to compete with benton and presumably this is why Les was given the ultimatum in Rueben's eyes.

He says he wouldn't have felt right if his "homeboy" didn't get pt because of him. This sounds like more justification for allowing his father to give an ultimatum.

I just can't imagine he was so concerned about benton's well being that he blocked him from playing at the school benton wanted to play at to help him out. That doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Randle's dad didn't want

Like I said, maybe I'm reading this wrong.