WR Rueben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tygrr, Mar 6, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Don't think Mr. Randle accomplished his mission. That interview did not make him look any better.

How depressing.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah. Unless by 'clearing the air' he meant 'confirming what everyone else already knew,' then he failed miserably.

Maybe figures of speech have different meanings in North La?

4. bigloggerhead

bigloggerhead The voice of reason

I think in the end you have a guy who's looking out for the best interests of his son. And I mean who can really blame him? I agree he still won't be viewed in the best light by most fans but I know the man personally and he seems to me to be a man of integrity. In the grand scheme of things this situation worked out the best for everyone I believe. I think we'll be able to enjoy watching Reuben score touchdowns in purple and gold for the next 3 or 4 years.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Integity...? The best for everyone...? You kiddin me...?

6. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

The truth is Benton wanted to go AU so he could play sooner.. With RR coming to LSU, this wasn't going to help any..

All parties are happy now... I understand what happened.. I can't understand why others still see the worst in people

7. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

What happened is the parent of a recruit laid it out and Miles played it out. And did so publicly. It has hurt Miles and LSU as a result, and it will come up on the recruiting trail in the future. Regardless of how Emmett felt, he should have limited his comments to the phone with Miles. Going public on the radio insured this would become the story. It was unnecessary and stupid.

You don't understand it because you don't want to.

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The fact that it is public makes Miles look he was bullied.

Emmett needs to realize Crabtree caught a lot of passes the last two years because there were others on the field who could also catch the ball. Only one good receiver usually means no one is catching very many balls.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

If Randle's dad hadn't gone public on the radio with his comments, this would be a non-story.

The fact that he went on the radio & said what he said the day before NSD made it a poor situation for everyone involved.

I don't have a problem with Randle (or his dad) not wanting to sign with Benton, and I don't have a problem with Miles taking Reuben over Benton. Everything worked out for the best in the end.

10. roynav

roynav free your mind

On the other hand, recruits do this behind closed doors all the time. So its okay to say you wont sign if so and so signs, as long as you do it sneakily? But if you are honest and forthright about this to the extent you dont even try to deny it or keep it a sneaky secret, then you are a bad guy?

There could be various reasons for the way this played out, but I'm hoping it shows a refreshing lack of guile on Randle's part.