Wow... you couldn't INVENT a more ridiculous president if you tried.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Sep 23, 2017.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Bengal B ...and let me add, I just said "the issue." What, exactly, is the issue? I think to be honest, you have to acknowledge that this started because Trump denounced the "protesters" the other night. That's what its really about. Trump's against it, and all of a sudden, a lot of people have to be for it.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Of course but Tom Brady probably voted for Trump and he stood with his teammates.

mctiger likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

First off I don't care about Kaepernick's protest, I wish he'd go away,.. I'm purposely shallow about this,.. I don't want my sports world polluted by outside shit,.. injecting politics into my sanctuary especially pisses me off.

However, this is America damn it, people have a right to protest. The President can do nothing but harm by sticking his nose into this issue, but he steps into it anyhow. Trump is the most divisive politician I've ever seen and he acts like a petulant child when people disagree with him or he's criticized. "You can't come to the White House now",.. waah.

I don't think Donald Trump really gives a shit about our country, he only cares about being the center of attention, and having people treat him like an almighty king.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    silversvt01 and Winston1 like this.
  4. mctiger

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  5. mctiger

6. mctiger

7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I really don't remember Tebow being criticized. He is probably the most overpraised athlete in proportion to his actual talent in my lifetime. Still is (Timmy drew a walk today in sub-Single A, what an inspiration!)

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Tomlin said that they did not come out because they didn't want to be a part of the conversation of who stood, who knelt. They saw it as a dilemma. They chose neither the left horn nor the right horn of the bull. They didn't realize they were facing a unicorn.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I used to think that too, but I also feel like we shouldn't be like, entertain us and shut the fuck up. Just because they are athletes doesn't mean their opinion is invalid.