Wow... you couldn't INVENT a more ridiculous president if you tried.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

All this "gotta respect the office" stuff is some un-American bullshit.

Where would we be if in 1776, the Colonists said things like, "Whether or not you agree with King George, gotta respect the crown."

In my America, if leaders are going to act like bozos, they get called bozos.

GiantDuckFan, LaSalleAve and Bengal B like this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I respect the office. Trump doesn't, and I don't respect him.

I respect this country. Trump doesn't, and I don't respect him.

Winston1 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's your right but you are obsessed.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Owners aren't bringing in a media spectacle if he is a backup. If he won games and put asses in seats, he'd have a job.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The team owners and the Vikings and the Bucs stood with arms linked with their players for the anthem. Tom Brady linked arms with his teammates. A much better way for each individual to make his statement without disrespecting the flag. Whether some players see it as a protest against racism and others see it as team unity and solidarity each is free to feel like he made whatever point he wanted without alienating the people who ultimately pay their salaries, the fans.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

One of the Ravens players knelt and had his hand over his heart. I'm kind of interested in Mancha's quote. Technically they are bending the knee to the flag.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would never kneel but I would stand with arms linked with my teammates. It wouldn't mean that I agree that their silly protest have any effect on racism or anything else but to show my support to the team unity to show them that even though I don't agree with it I respect their right to do whatever floats their boat.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Cool...but are they standing in solidarity with Kaepernick? For the league? Against Trump? Their love of receiving huge money for playing a game?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It doesn't really matter. If the guy on my right arm is doing it to protest racism and the guy on my left is doing it to legalize marijuana what difference does it make to me. I am still showing support to my teammates. Especially important for a quarterback who defends on the guys on the O Line to protect him.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So, player solidarity. Again, cool, its their right. But when you consider that most teams didn't do the solidarity show, and many more stood for the anthem than sat or knelt, I'd have to say the league is far from united on the issue.