Worst thing that could've happened

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kappakall, Oct 25, 2017.

1. kappakall

kappakall Founding Member

Guice to gain 270+ yards.

The game plan will be as follows, Guice up the middle and off tackle against a loaded box of Alabama Defense. If we come out like we have the last 5 years "running the ball into a 8-9 man box, I WILL TURN OFF THE TV"!!!!!

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Hopefully this won't be the case since we're past Miles/Cameron. I'd like to think that Canada has not shown everything, and unlike Miles, there is a willingness to get the TE and FB involved in the offense.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We will need to stretch the field against Bama. Make their LB's play deeper in order to run at all. We will have start the dreaded passing game. Hope Canada shows that he can develop an intermediate and long passing game. Saban will not allow his defense to get fooled by all our motion. Hope I am wrong.

4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Problem with long passes will be O line blocking. They haven’t shown they can give Danny enough time for those plays to develop. This 7 man front will be the most physical they have faced all year. Hopefully they play their butts off and surprise everyone.

Bayou Tiger and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

If miles was still this coach this would happen. I dont think that will be the case this time around.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Exceeded expectations versus AU.

six pack dan likes this.
  7. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

Bama won't come out stacking the box, they don't need to. They will get plenty of pressure with 4-5. Its more likely they will play outside-in, to shut down LSU they will need to keep containment, stacking the box would give LSU chances on the perimeter. LSU will get some early chances with the passing game but they need to make them to create some type of rhythm. We've seen early opportunities missed which set the tone for the game in the past.

8. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

O-line will be healthy for first time this year. Bama has NOT gotten pressure with front four ALL season, will need to blitz. CBs can't match gage or chark. Etling will find them out of shotgun snaps down field after a few runs from shotgun snaps.

9. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

Bama also hasnt played base defense much and they will next weekend. That's where all of their injuries and inexperience are.

Bayou Tiger and six pack dan like this.
  10. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Forget the long passing game, our line cannot hold bamas to give Etling time. We need short slants, screens and intermediate passing behind the linebackers to keep them from stacking against the run. The only way we have a running game is if we develope a passing game.

Rouxleaux likes this.