Worst Tasting Food Item you've ever eaten.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, Dec 15, 2007.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Durian. and not even close. and no one can say there is anything worse if we keep it to real food and not something like roadkill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian had this in SanFran on a dare. it amazingly smells closer to a$$ than anything that hasnt actually come out of an a$$.

other than that, i'd say mustard greens. im one of the 25% that have the gene that allow me to taste some nasty chemical thats in most dark green vegetables when cooked.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you ever eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, be sure to ask for soy sauce and don't let them give you Nuoc Mam sauce. The Viets put it on everything and it is beyond disgusting for a westerner.

They put dead fish in a barrel in the sun to ferment for about 3 months and then "sauce" begins to drip out of a spout in the barrel and they just bottle it up and put it on their food.

4. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Well, thats just great, now they're selling a**holes by the canful, not like we don't have enough around already!

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye:

5. phlashman

I'm right with ya on that one Red. Nasteee stuff, my Mom tore my a** up when I was a kid because I wouldn't even try it. She eventually gave up and to this day I catch an attitude when someone goe's "Oh its wonderful, you gotta try it"?

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Listen up, I'm just tellin ya once. This is my Mom's recipe for calf's liver, and I couldn't wait to get my choppers on that stuff when I was a kid!

She bought a calf's liver and cut it into thin-ish slices, bought a half inch wide. She took a slice of bacon (thin sliced, not thick sliced) and anchored it with a tooth pick on one end of the liver slice, and wrapped it round and round, going on an angle, until the entire slice of liver was covered in a bacon slice, then she anchored it in the middle and on the end of the liver slice. Then she put all the little bacon wrapped liver slices in a shallow baking pan and poured Lea and Perrins Worshestershire (or whatever :lol:) sauce over the liver slices, and let them soak in the run off. Then in a masterful touch, she ran them in the over with the BROILER on high, for like 10 or 15 min. per side, the bacon was cooked good, and the liver hanging out the end was well done, but not burned (well, maybe just a scoach on the front end of burning).

Serve with a big pot of grits, add butter on the grits to your taste!

You'll be a liver lover also.

We also ate plenty of brains (Mom fooled the family, I thougth we were eating "fried oysters" for years!) and calf's tongue (which made excellent sandwiches, and we were fooled again, I thought we were having "roast beef").

I learned, you always had to "watch" my Mom!

7. phlashman

Dude...you need therapy! Yuuuuuch!!! I ain't eatin no critters innards!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

8. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Boiled peanuts.

1 person likes this.
  9. phlashman

Hell, I didn't know they existed till I moved to N' Fla. Like them here...gooood, and addictive.

10. phlashman

I know about the Coco Pebbles and all, but please tell me you didn't try any of the above pictured items.