Worst Tasting Food Item you've ever eaten.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Mr. Peabody, Dec 15, 2007.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Actually most food up here in Jax ain't too bad. Luuuuv Chris! Guess its just what part of Florida you live in. But, hey, theres a couple of so-called "cajun" restaurants here in town that are a joke! Harry's out at the beaches I figured would be OK, until I tried their red beans and rice...at least Popeyes do it close to right, BTW, I told the waiter at Harry's the same thing. Oh well, theres always a Burger King around somewhere.:thumb:

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You OK now phlash? :shock:

3. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I will agree with you on that, look up some old threads that I started about my visits to Jacksonville! I even said if I was to move out of orlando and not to BR then Jacksonville is where I would go! Had a blast working there and enjoyed the people and football talk!!! Too bad that job is over!

Also some of the best cuban food I have ever had is from Miami, but heres the problem the speak NO english and the menus have no english on them. Luckily I had a super from Cuba and he could and when we did my West Elm he had a TON of great lunches. But if you can't go to the local places (no english) the food will be about the same as you would get anywhere else in the US in terms of cuban.

Also anybody that tells me the seafood is as good here ANYWHERE as it is in LA is crazy! They boil NOTHING! Steamed with all the crap on top...messier and not even cloe to the flavor.

But I have figured out away to get around that, I bring the small jar of Tony's to the restaurant and then dip the meat from the crab in the Tony's and it isn't real bad.

For people that don't travel to restaurants with Tony's on a normal basis ask the waitress they usually have something close to it and Old Bay in orlando is what I find around here the most

OT's how to survivie in Florida lesson for the day in done!

Thanks for listening!

4. phlashman

Whew...yea, but it took a few hours...and artificial "happiness"....but, yea man....I'm OK now....:insane:

5. phlashman

I agree with most of the seafood, although there are a couple over here that are pretty good, but nowhere like back home...Ahhhh, Drusilla's, how I pine for it!!! BTW, next time you're in JAX, check out Pizza Italiano over in 5 points area on the westside (Its an area made up by and large by "hippy" stores etc) very safe...awesome. Anyway, Pizza Italiano is a little Mom and Pop rest run by a Sicilian family. Fantasic food, some of the best pizza I've had in my life! Very reasonable prices, laid back atmosphere...and awesome food!!! Impressed this Coonass boy!

6. CajunlostinCali

You do know english is a second language? :hihi:

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Worst thing I have ever eaten (even makes me throw up a little in my mouth just to smell it) is sweet potatos.

:( :( :( :(

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Korean food. Everything was BAAADDDDD!!!!!

I worked with a guy with a Korean wife, and they had me over for an "authentic" Korean meal. One of the five worst days of my life (divorce is among them also, so you know its getting pretty bbbaaaaaddddddd!!!!!!!!! :hihi: ).....

I've talked about this once before on the forum, why there are no Korean restaurants cept on the west coast....

Why at a party, nobody ever jumps up and says, "let's go get Korean!!!!"... :nope: :D

We had some of that Kimchi stuff, never again...

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I love most southern dishes, actually prefer them to most foods.

However, I hate sweet potatoes with a passion. The smell, taste, and after taste makes me want to throw up. Sort of like cabbage.

And normal potatoes are about my favorite food.

10. CajunlostinCali

Your whole perspective changes when you add a couple of hours of karaoke to the mix!

They have this drink there called soju. Contains .06% formaldehyde. :shock: Mix it with kool-aid and they call it kettles. Slam that all night singing and eating fried crickets and let me know how it goes! They are still researching the cure. :thumb:

1 person likes this.