Worst softball call, EVER.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard some guy on the radio a couple of years ago saying that the women in the WNBA were one rung up from slicing meat in a deli.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Women's basketball at any level is just so unbelievably bad. It's unwatchable

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I could fix that but they would never go for it.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

don't like it, huh. I do, it's basketball, watching women's college bball seems a lot like watching a boys high school game. I wonder if a top WNCAA team could beat a good men's high school team?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hell to the naw.

uscvball likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

$100 on the high schoolers, assuming the women are not transhoopsters.

7. GiantDuckFan

http://www.city-data.com/forum/basketball/2089251-would-best-mens-high-school-basketball.html
    ....it would not even be close. I played high school basketball, so did my friend. No way we would make just about any D1 team out there. Me and him played two on two against two girls from our college women team who were at the gym. Both played in the WNBA both women were bigger and taller than us. It was not even close me and my friend beat them easily.

:cool: just an idle thought,.. I concede the point

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I was 27 or 28 I was still in OK shape but not nearly as in my high school and early 20's shape. A friend of mine was dating a girl from Australia who was on the LSU women;s team. She was about 6 feet (I am taller) in great shape and was one of the better players on the team at that time. One night my friend was at my apartment and we were drinking beer and smoking doobies and were pretty well on the way to blottoland. His GF showed up and we somehow got into an argument about how crappy women players were vs men. She actually bragged that she could beat me and she hadn't even been drinking. There was a goal in the parking lot of my apartment complex and we went outside and played in the dimness of the poor lighting. First one to 20 goals wins. I could drive pass her at will and made easy layup after easy layup with an occasional jumper for the hell of it. And I shut her down totally. No way that Aussie bitch was going to score on me. When the score got to 10-0 I did the gentlemanly thing and asked her in a condescending way if she had had enough and wanted to quit. That just made her madder. When the score reached 19-0 I let her score a goal and it was obvious that I had let her. 20-1 final. A really good high school player could have beat her 100 to 0.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

big man, brutalizing a girl :D kidding, I kid

At the UofO, there was a dorm for foreign students,.. I liked to go over there and play basketball. I'm 6'3", and I'd be playing against little Japanese guys a foot shorter than me. I dominated, made me feel like Bill Walton. :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There was an elementary school in a nearby neighborhood we would play at sometimes. They had regular sized goals but also a couple of 8 foot goals. Somebody had a kid's ball or women's ball that was smaller than a regular ball and I could grip it in one hand and do tomahawk dunks. I'm 6'3 so it was like being over 8 feet tall. Now I probably couldn't even jump that high

GiantDuckFan likes this.