Worst softball call, EVER.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Mar 16, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Speaking of softball, I'm watching SC this morning and this gump takes one over the wall. She rounds the bases and there is a convention at the plate happy happy but the gump never touches the plate. The other team figures it out and they tag her and she is out. Now I do very much enjoy gump misery so I was glad she was out but that doesn't add up to me. If she hit it over the fence it is a done deal. Shouldn't even have to run the bases, take the pitcher yard, put it on the board and sit down.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

They're getting the shit calls out of the way for fall

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not going to look it up but I'm pretty sure the rulebook says you have to touch all of the bases. I heard of one in MLB where the batter hit a home run and a base runner ran off the field thinking that the game was over and the ump either called him out or called the hitter out for passing the base runner.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

rules is rules

weird shit happens,..
    April 26th, 1931, that Lou Gehrig was called out for passing a runner after hitting a home run.

Yankee Lyn Lary was on first base when Lou hit the home run, but he thought that the ball was caught by an outfielder. When Lary left the field, Lou was called out for passing the runner. So, the incident was not Lou’s fault, as it was a clear home run, but at the end of the year, when he tied Babe Ruth with 46 home runs, people realized that Lyn Lary cost Lou Gherig the AL home run title.

5. shane0911

Ahh, but passing a runner is a clear violation just like if a runner is hot by a live ball. If the ball is hit over the fence it seems petty to be able to call them out for not touching home plate. If a fan throws the ball back onto the field they should be able to tag him out at home as well by that logic.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Shane, what you say is logical,.. I guess it's like in baseball, if the catcher doesn't catch the 3rd strike, then the batter has to be tagged or put out at 1st base,.. there's no rhyme nor reason, that's just the rule.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

I get it but I don't. Yes you have to touch the bag ok great. Shouldn't they have to use the same ball if they are going to get you out that way? See, this is why I despise girls sports. They do dumb shit like this and makes you go wtf!?!? Stupid gump steps on home plate and I've got nothing to talk about.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Indeed.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Same reason you have to stop at a red traffic light at 2 in the morning when you're the only vehicle in town.

btw, pretty sure that rule applies to baseball to so hate equally.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bunkie has a redlight?