With Freeze at AU, the SEC West just got a whole lot tougher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 29, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Whether you like him or not, you can't deny Freeze is a great coach and has the record to support it. I know some will bring up the fact that he just lost his last two games at Liberty, but let's also remember Kiffin just lost four out of his last five games this year. I think both are good coaches, but I think it's safe to say both might have had their minds on other things ($$$$).

The thing I'm enjoying most is watching Alabama fans squirm. Most Alabama fans remember just a couple of years ago, Saban tried to bring Freeze onto his staff, but the SEC blocked it. Alabama wanted him because they knew he was an offensive genius and would have been a tremendous upgrade to what they had. How quickly things change! Now, Alabama fans have suddenly changed their tone and are now saying he's a cheater (on his wife and in recruiting) and going to bring Auburn down. It's funny how fickle fans can be. The reality is Alabama fans know Freeze is the only coach in the country that has beaten Saban two years in a row and that has them nervous. Personally, I think Saban is a little nervous about the whole situation, too!

The reality is the hiring of Freeze has completely changed the landscape of the SEC, particularly in the West. It may take him a year or two, but Freeze has turned around every program he's inherited and I expect the same at Auburn. Winning the SEC West has always been a huge feat to accomplish, but it's safe to say that road just got a whole lot tougher!

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No it didn't

3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

“Winning the SEC West has always been a huge feat to accomplish, but it's safe to say that road just got a whole lot tougher!” Understatement of the year. A resurgent LSU, A&M with a boat load of talent, and now Aub. has a HC with a proven track record of beating Saban. Just think of the recruiting battles that Saban will have to face in his home state. Ga. was already making inroads from the east and the success of Tenn. will mean more competition from the North. And Miss. will be another recruiting battleground given Freeze’s connections in that state.

4. White Perch

White Perch Freshman

i think its an awesome hire and i cant wait to see his team play.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've always admired your debate style. Clear, concise and factual.

Chipeace, LSUTiga and shane0911 like this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Auburn was a struggle for us with a terrible coach and a backup qb

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, I ain't scared of Freeze or aubie

Herb likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Ah, yes...the Freeze days at Ole Miss will now be at Auburn:
    [​IMG]

shane0911 and Hou-duco like this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Freeze was a good recruiter, but a lot of the players he got were like the guy you have pictured above. I feel confident in saying that CBK won’t be in competition with Freeze for a lot of the players he will pursue.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Freeze will break recruiting rules again and the Auburn faithful will try to say it was Harsin.

shane0911 likes this.