Will Tiger keep the streak alive?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSU Rubi, Jan 28, 2007.

?

What will be the outcome of the Buick Invitational

Poll closed Jan 29, 2007.
  1. Tiger will win by 4 or more strokes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Tiger wins on the last hole

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Snedeker will not fold and win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tiger nor Snefeker wins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Buckels buckled and Tiger took advantage. No way he loses after those 2 double bogeys that put him in the lead.

Bad news for the rest of the tour: He didn't play that well this weekend.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yep, looked like he had his C+ game. I used to think The Bear was the best clutch putter I've ever seen. Not any more. I can't remember the last time I saw El Tigre miss a put he absolutely had to make.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The question is, will he top Nelson's record of 11 straight. I have always said no. Now I am not so sure.

4. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

I still dont see him winning 5 more in a row to break the record. There are way too many other people out there that all it takes is a lucky weekend. Plus with the amount of tourny's tiger plays in the Master's will likely be included in that mix.

5. COTiger

It might come to an end if he plays in the Nissan LA Open. It's a tournament he's never won but plays in frequently because they gave him a sponsors exemption when he was 16.

What happens if the streak is intact and he plays in the Match Play tournament and gets beat in the first round? Since it's a limited field, match play event, does the streak end? I would think so.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's a bit of a stretch. To only bogey once in 72 holes is obviously playing quite well, even for Tiger. It wasn't his A game, but it was a damn fine effort on his part.

My fear all day long was Howell, as he is pretty cool under pressure and has been there before. I knew the rookies would end up playing like rookies at some point and they totally imploded. Howell hung around just like I thought and made it a contest.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Same here. The mere fact that we're even considering it is crazy.

8. islstl

They were looking ahead to his potential schedule on the telecast today and said he could be going for #12 at the Masters, but I think that meant he would have to play in almost every tourny between now and then. He said after today's win that he was gonna take some time off. He plays in Dubai next week and that isn't a PGA event. So the streak will be on hold for a few weeks more than likely. I think he will probably play only twice more, maybe three times tops between now and the Masters. So best case, he will be going for lucky #11 at the Masters. I think he will still have the streak at the Masters, and will continue the streak with another green jacket.

9. COTiger

He only had one bogey in the finall round. He had 3 bogeys in the 2nd round and 2 in the first round.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/scorecards/2007/r004.html

10. islstl