Will the Saints make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 8, 2012.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Our defense is still getting lit up like a Christmas tree between the 10's. But we've gotten very stingy with our backs to the goal, and that's all that matters.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No doubt. Say what you want about them, but that's 3 weeks in a row with a goal line stand, 2 of them were game winners.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The answer is still a resounding no. I'll stick to my 7-9 before the season pick.

4. mctiger

I lean towards 9-7. We're 4-5 now, and I see 3 possible losses...at Atl, at the Giants, and vs SF. I think we'll win at least one of those.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm thinking 8-8

6. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Saints are winners IMO.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The predictions from 7-9 to 9-7 all sound reasonable. Sometimes it's just a funny bounce or a made/misssed FG that can be the difference.

When the Saints won it all, I believed that any future SB wins would be good but not quite the same elation (i.e. never as good as your first time). Kind of like how LSU beating Ohio St. was not quite the same as Oklahoma.

However, all of this off-season turmoil, the slow start, and the fact that the SB is in Nola this year is the perfect storm that could (in theory) create an event that even surpasses the scene in Miami.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Teams cannot play with the same intensity each week. Saints played hard last week on d yet still gave up a billion yards. They will hit the wall sooner than later. Maybe Brees can singlehandedly win a couple more on his own.

8-8 at best. Hell they can lose any remaining game. Even against the horrible raiders.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

10. mctiger

Five of the last six opponents have winning records. We get the Niners next week, then go to Atlanta on a very short week (Goodell's player safety mantra loses whatever credibility it had with his insistence on Thursday Night Football), then visit the Giants. Winning two of these three will be a major, major accomplishment.