Will the Saints go after Tebow?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

after hearing about how Tebow could go to the Patriots and be used as a weapon there... wouldn't Sean Payton be laughing maniacally at the possibilities with Tebow in our offense? we could use him at FB, HB, TE, wildcat formations, and as a back-up QB. heck, maybe we could even make a star LB out of him

what better team for Jesus than the Saints? we already have Brees so we wouldn't have to worry about the fans complaining that Tebow doesn't start at QB... and Tebow's is great for the lockerroom, team moral, and for all the positive publicity he'd bring to the Saints

we could at very least trade a 2030 4th Round pick for him and sign him to a contract of what, a million a year? maybe 2-3 million?

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

No.

Let him go to Miami to play with "The Thong".

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nope. Assuming the Saints come to terms with Brees, DB is your starting QB for at least the next 5 years. He would be a great mentor for Tebow, but he's not going to want to sit that long. And having started, and won, at QB, I don't think he'll accept a position change. That leaves working him into the office in some kind of Wildcat role. Again, nope. Why would you want to run any play that doesn't put the ball immediately into Brees' hands?

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Pretty sure that Payton requires his QBs to be good.

Herb likes this.
  6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

i'd like to see Tebow as a HB or FB, getting carries, blocking for Brees, catching passes out of the backfield, and maybe a HB pass every blue moon

but as for why would you want the ball in Tebow's hands instead of Brees, i did come across an interesting stat...

Highest TD percentage in red zone by QB, last 2 seasons*

28.6 -- Tim Tebow, Broncos
    27.2 -- David Garrard, Jaguars
    25.7 -- Peyton Manning, Colts
    25.7 -- Aaron Rodgers, Packers
    24.6 -- Tom Brady, Patriots

*Minimum 70 plays

"Wherever Tim Tebow ends up, he can help teams finish drives. In 70 red zone plays with Tebow at QB last season, the Broncos scored 20 touchdowns, or just over 28 percent of their red zone plays [plays, not drives]"