Will LSU get Cheated by the BCS?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KyleK, Jul 12, 2010.

1. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I honestly don't care.

Wait, I do care if I think we play up to BCS standards and get left out. I'll bitch and moan with the best of them.

But in all honesty, I'd be thrilled if we play like a BCS team all season (no work-in-progress defense, no shaky offense, no dumb penalties, no dumb mistakes by players or coaches, no losses or near losses to teams we should dominate, etc.), even if we miss out on a BCS bowl. I care more about how we play/look as a team than I care about the post-season. At this point, all I want from the Tigers is a return to 2007 form...and I don't mean that I want us to win championships. I merely mean that I want to have confidence in the Tigers when they step onto the field. I want them to dominate the teams they should dominate and to be in the game with the teams they should be equal to. Just doing that much would do a lot to calm fears among the fanbase. A solid, well played season is all I think anyone asks.

2 people like this.
  2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

BCS bowl definitely but that loss, by the same argument, being from a non SEC team may hurt that NC birth chance wouldn't it?

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The BCS system worked to our favor in '03 and '07.

If it jacked us this year I wouldn't necessary be p*ssed.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

For clarification please see, Alabama 2008.

2008, Bama was a "who the F is that team".

All LSU has to do is win the SEC champ game with 1 or 0 losses and it is almost assured a BCS title spot, if not BCS game..

In any case, still awsome...

Though, that would mean that 2 other schools finished at 12-0

:LSU231:

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The main way that we can assure ourselves of the BCS is to be undefeated. If we were to have 1 loss and be left out, then that's the way the ball bounces. We're off the radar somewhat, but would be right in the hunt if we came out actually looking like world-beaters again.

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Really the only way we could lose only one game and not be the best team in the SEC is either lose the SECCG or lose a regular season game to an SEC west team that goes undefeated in conference. In either case I can't see us not in a BCS game.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

More like the lungs were in my weed.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

everyone knows its impossible to go undefeated in the SEC. Especially the west. when's the last time that happened?

i mean when's the last time its happened b2b?

oops. nm

you can lead a goat to water but you cant make him think.

1 person likes this.
  9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

if we start out against UNC with a similar performance to the 2007 virginia tech game, or the 2008 georgia tech game, i think we'll be on the radar for the season. LSU should be able to continue dominating ACC teams without much of a hitch, so we should be undefeated when we trek out to ben hill griffin stadium. this game has implications, obviously, and as long as we don't get blown out of the water (a definite possibility,) we will still be OK with a chance to regroup against mcneese the following week. the game at auburn will be tough, you have to think that trevon reed is licking his chops for this one, but after that game we get a week off before that oh-so-important game with the 'tide. if we find ourselves at 7-2 when we get to ULM, will this team pack it up like it is speculated that they did last season, or will they regroup and fight it out to stay a 2-loss team with the hope to again, redeem themselves, in a decent bowl?

but if not, another 4 or 5 loss record is certainly not out of question. no matter how "above average" that record may be, it won't make anyone happy having lost to bama and florida back-to-back-to-back... not to mention ole miss.

i think this season will show a lot about the character of jordan jefferson, his teammates and coaching staff. it might just be a season of redemption. :helmet:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If we don't beat Florida with Teblow gone and that defense pretty much gone as well, we got problems.