will brady quinn be the next aaron rodgers?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by crawfish, Nov 16, 2007.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

not that derek anderson is brett favre...

basically, is quinn another 1st round pic that'll never see the field...

how long will anderson hold off the pretty boy?
    how long will quinn sit before the browns try to move him?

2. clair

clair Rockets

the browns will try to move him this offseason. i really believe that. this anderson kid is that good.

my question to you is this:

Miami... 1st pick in the draft...

would you trade that 1st pick for Quinn?

they need a QB, and this is a woefully bad draft for QBs.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

They drafted Beck in the 2nd round, after passing on Quinn. So the answer is an unusually emphatic no.

Quinn is more likely to be Phillip Rivers than Aaron Rodgers. However, I do think he's more likely to suck like Rodgers than suck like Rivers, since Rivers sucks because of Norv.

4. clair

clair Rockets

i think they would at least consider it just for a little bolt of electricity within the organization.

but anyway, i know you follow the dolphins. who would they take?

you don't take McFadden, b/c of Ronnie Brown and Rickey. would you take a Jake Long? This draft is weird... it seems like it has a lot of guys worthy of being taken 5-10, but not a clear-cut monster #1 like Russell and Calvin Johnson were this past season.

5. NoLimitMD

At this early juncture, they either take Jake Long or Dorsey. They need fundamental building blocks and that happens on both lines of scrimmage.

However, since it's the Fins, they probably take somebody like Pat White and completely blow the pick.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I agree with Long or Dorsey assuming no one else jumps up out of nowhere. They wont take a QB because they did a great job in drafting a 40 year old rookie last year in the 2nd round. Though they wont take him, I really like Chris Long.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

It wouldnt surprise me if Quinn never see's the field in Cleveland. That dude up there is kickin azz and there is no reason to even give Quinn a sniff.

On the other hand, Miami still should of drafted him. How has Ginn done? 6 or 7 catches? What, 1 TD? I would say Ginn is shaping up to be a huge 1st round bust, much larger than Quinn will be.

8. NoLimitMD

The Ginn pick was terrible, but drafting Quinn wouldn't have made much sense. They had him graded similarly to Beck (like many teams did) and were able to get him a round later.

I still can't fathom how the Fins management has been so bad for so long. It's not like they have a genuine idiot owner like the Bidwells either.