Wild Card game thread

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Jan 7, 2018.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I turned the lights off for dramatic effect. I don’t know why. I was hammered and thought it would be cool.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Carolina canned their OC (Shula) and their QB coach after the Saints game. 28th in passing did them in.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They traded their best wr and have no deep threat. I love to hate on cam every chance I get especially his shitty passing but he's working alone with that offense.

fanatic and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That one's still a head scratcher. I know he was injury prone, but no Benjamin or Ginn and you have no vertical passing game. Good!

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Best pro game I've ever been to in my life. Man, that OT took at least a year off my life. Every single play on that drive was reviewed, even a 4th down play that could have gone either way. After the kick and the celebration that followed, I was so emotionally drained that I couldn't even go out and party afterwards. I was back at the hotel and sound asleep an hour after the game. But leaving the Dome was such an incredible experience because of the joy and jubilation of thousands of people. It was just cool to be a part of that.

ehusson80, tirk, stevescookin and 3 others like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would really hate it if they were able to sign either OBJ or Landry. Either would make a great target for Brees but fuggedaboudit. Loomis and Payton are allergic to former Tigers.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Three things stand out for me from the game. 1st, I had some kind of infection in my knee at the time and was in severe pain all day; could barely sit down because the seating is a little tight in that part of the Dome and I could barely bend my knee enough. 2nd, how loud it was. I was on the sidelines when the Saints beat the Rams in the '00 playoffs (Hakim drops the ball!!) and there were a couple of times in the 4th quarter where my ears hurt from the decibel level. Against the Vikes, the sound reached those levels every time the Vikes got the ball. 3rd, how nerve wracking that game was. Let's face it; the Vikings may have been the only defense that could match up with our offensive talent, and they brought their A game that day. Truthfully, in the years since then, I've rewatched the Super Bowl a few times. I've never rewatched the NFCCG. I've tried, but it still makes me too anxious.

Remember how irate Viking fans were about the officiating afterward? If you go on YouTube - and it takes some searching - there's about a 10:00 vid of their radio play-by-play guy doing a commentary a few days after the game, with video added. In it, he meticulously lays out why the Vikes did not get hosed by the refs and why they absolutely did not deserve to win the game.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Everybody was pissed because the Saints won on a field goal with the Vikings never getting the ball in OT. The rule was changed because of that game.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And I think it was a good rule change, but they won by the rules at the time, so no need to apologize.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should go even futher and let the other team have a possession even when the receiving team scores a TD.