Why you guys are all wrong about Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bitter ND, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bigbowe80

bigbowe80 Founding Member

Of course, if it would have been the opposite way around and His boy Brady would have been selected first (if pigs had flown ha) he would have totally changed his angle on all this of course and been pointing out how the raiders made a bunch of good moves to be ready for the saeson.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

I have to disagree, JR has spent the majority of his passes in college throwing screens of all varieties and short routes (routes to take advantage of LSU's speed and downfield blocking as well as taking pressure off the o- line.) most of all b/c they are not too risky which has been the philosphy. I think most fans wanted to see the deep balls more often. LSU doesn't throw to their backs very often but i doubt that becomes a big adjustment in the west coast. in every offense you have to know your receivers and backs routes.

as JR matured he improved his accuracy, substituted touch for speed on some passes and improved his deep ball accuracy. he's improved every year at LSU and the NFL will start out as a learning experience to start but Russell's best years are ahead of him barring any kind of injury.
    the only barrier with the west coast offense is learning it, and that will take time and repetitions.

oakland needs help in many other places on offense and it will take time to put those pieces in place.

but i do agree with you about the raiders passing on leinart last year. didn't make sense to me.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Didn't make sense to Al Davis either which is why Art Schell is MIA and Lane Kiffin has a new gig.

I see no reason why JR won't adapt to whatever system he's put in. Talented athletes like JR and Vince Young can do that. The biggest problems with the Raiders have to do with veterans buying in to the changes. Moss may be uber talented but he wasn't going to help move things along. He should flourish in his latest home town.

I'm hoping to hear JR to BMW many times next season.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Just incase you haven't noticed in the apparently small amount of time you've watched JR, pressure isn't a problem. Matter of fact, pressure hasn't really been an issue with him since his first game @ LSU.

I mean, fresh outa high-school and you get sub'd into huge game in front of 93,000+ raving tiger fans who came to see their national championship team do nothing less than dominate Oregon State for the season opener. Instead he's gotta make something happen in the game because Marcus Randall wasn't able to get the offense running...It couldn't have been anymore of a trial by fire. He got the ball rolling and he's gotten better each game since and finished his junior year as the best QB in college football (so says the draft and the Manning award)...

Pressure? heh... I think he'll be ok.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Would one of the Admin's give Bitter an avatar, possible suggestion:

[​IMG]

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Probably because he will land a 50-70 million $ contract with $30 mill guaranteed if he never steps on to the field. A just reward for his skills and the hard work he has put in towards this goal. Fortunately, his goals extend far beyond simply getting paid.

The same can be said for 80% of all pro teams. I suppose they should stop even using Qbs, much less drafting them.

Who was the last QB the Browns drafted? Tim Couch? How is that working out for you? :hihi::hihi:

The most popular pass play at LSU last year was the wide receiver screen or crossing route, not the post. You saw it in the Sugar Bowl repeatedly because your secondary had shoes of concrete. Kentucky's secondary played us better.

Randy Moss was a canker in the locker room, and the Raiders seem committed to correcting the mistake of not drafting any QB last year.

As per usual, you make uniformed comments in the hopes that you are talking to your own fan base of simpletons. This forum is full of college graduates that actually read... The team has made some improvements on the offense, signing running back Dominic Rhodes and offensive lineman Cooper Carlisle, Jeremy Newberry and Cornell Green. Add to that the acquisition of QB Josh McCown, receiver Mike WIlliams, and oh yeah....they drafted some more players. Hmmm...looks like the Raiders are committing to shepherding and protecting their investment to me.

Boy you really went out on a limb saying that about the team that had the first pick. Wait, were the browns the 3rd worst team in the league? Quinn must be relieved he went there, and for 1/4 of the $.

Every time you open your mouth, a fart comes out. Disputing your claims are as easy as lighting a match.

1 person likes this.
  7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Dude, I almost threw up when I read that quote you posted where he compared himself to Joe Montana. Talk about a lack of humility. How on earth is the guy anything like Joe? Maybe he's talking about the hair color. Because he sure isn't talking about his ability to lead Notre Dame to spectacular wins in the 4th quarter, or win bowl games or even compete for national champtionships :nope: .

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I say you lurking many times after the great fall, admit it you couldnt stomach the heat at the moment.

BTW, What happened last time the Browns selected a QB in the 1st Round. Couch was a huge bust and the Browns couldnt let that happen again. I warned you before the draft about these developments and how BQ was not a sure bet for Cleveland because of Value. I though they would have take AP but they made a very good selection anyway.

You would have been happy for BQ if he was picked 1st or 3rd because of the success it shows recruits and the respect a player like JR deserves. I dont agree with all your West Coast offense logic. LSU did not give JR great protection lst year but players just bounced off of him or he used his mobility to get to the outside and throw on the run. I think you need to go back and watch some of his games before making all these assumptions about his style of play because it really sounds like you dont have a clue about what JR is all about.

9. bitter ND

bitter ND Founding Member

So far, I think the more apropos comparison would be to Peyton Manning- they're both incredibly hard working, cerebral QBs who had the reputation for not winning the Big Game and didn't win the Heisman despite being the early on favorite to do so. And, to carry that comparison further, I see JR as Ryan Leaf to Peyton Manning. Leaf was the junior QB, who was an incredible athlete and who many scouts considered to have more upside than Manning.

1 person likes this.
  10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

These are comparisons to draft scenarios not talent and ability. No way BQ has the talent that Peyton had nr JR to Leaf.:dis: :dis: