Why the Heisman is a joke.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by PodKATT, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah right. If Colt McCoy hadn't stunk it up against Nebraska, he would have won it. From day 1 it was a 2 man race: McCoy and Tebow. Ingram worked his way in, but nobody else had a prayer. It's a phucking joke.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The Heisman award is one of the most prestigious awards in all of sports. It may seem like a joke but the guy who has one of these parked in his trophy case will always make a good living no matter what. Heisman trophy winners are one of the most sought after speakers on the rubber chicken circuit and at corporate events. They can work every week of the year and make six figures easy.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The process is a joke, not the award.

4. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

Suh was the most dominant player in college.

Toby Gerhart was the best running back in college. It would take three or four players to finally take him to the ground.

And, of course, Jimmy Clausen was the best QB in college.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Geez, I wonder how Ingram was able to rise above the McCoy/Tebow show to win a heisman for something he's not in the first year of the new world.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Simply put, no one player meant more to the success of his team than Gerhart. Without Tebow, Ingram, or McCoy, those teams are still pretty good. Without Gerhart, Stanford is the PAC-10 cellar dweller that they usually are. The Heisman is not supposed to go to the best player on the best team, but it almost always ends up that way.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

They had to give it to Ingram. Bama's never had a Heisman winner, and they're on their way to the championship game. It's a no brainer. Dumb, but what else did you expect... Given the situation, I mean.

8. bigpop713

bigpop713 Freshman

yea you right. in my opinion it should be the best player period. the position and team should not matter

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The problem with the Heisman is that it is supposed to be for the most outstanding player in college football. However, unless you are an offensive player, you can pretty much forget about it. Perhaps a solution would be to have two Heisman Trophies: one for offense and one for defense.

1 person likes this.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, that's why I said 'the best player on the best (perceived) team.' It's supposed to go to the best player overall, not the MVP of the then No. 1 team.

1 person likes this.