Why the game was not close in the end

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Not a single pass dropped
    2. Flynn was on target througout and played a total game
    3. No penalties until late in the 3rd (and even that one was questionable)

Believe me, all the games that were close (Bama, Auburn) and the two losses, would have runaway wins had we played OUR game.

LSU, best in the land. AGAIN! And nobody can say that in this era of the BCS.

2. jwinslow

jwinslow Founding Member

Very true.

1. Pretty big disparity, Robiskie drops a TD, Small does not fight for INT... while LSU's WRs execute flawlessly in the receiving dept. Wasn't Lafell known for drops during the year? Great one-hander btw.

2. Yup, most thought the game would come down to boeckman matching Flynn, and it surely did.

3. What kind of penalties did you guys incur most of the year? Were they mostly lack of concentration (false starts, late hits, personal fouls) or violations (holding, etc)? It was amazing how the script was flipped in that dept.

LSU outexecuted OSU. They capitalized on opportunities, and made the little plays... like recovering fumbles and narrowly getting punts off, or jostling Robiskie's elbow just enough to shake it free.

Congrats.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You letting Early slide for dropping the 1st pass of the game? Seems fair, he was injured, and didn't get to partake in the dropsies earlier in the season. :hihi:

4. islstl

Dude, I forgot what transpired in the first 10 minutes of this game.

5. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I think that Chevis Jackson knocked the ball out of Robiskie's hands, he's done that a couple of times this season.

Our penalties have been some dumb personal fouls, but mostly false starts and illegal formations...By watching the game tonight, I think you could see why we had many illegal formations and false starts...We do a lot of shifting and come out with crazy formations...I just think that's too much for 18-22 year olds...You could tell that 3 weeks practice for one just one game, had the guys ready.

6. clair

clair Rockets

Here is my list:

1. Teams that don't have any wins vs. Top 20 opponents don't belong in the title game...

I agree with all of the above, though. When LSU played "LSU FOOTBALL", no one would hang with them.

7. jwinslow

jwinslow Founding Member

See the end of my previous post... I think he jostled his arm a bit from behind, b/c he was trailing. Either way most times Robiskie will make that catch, but this time CJ did just enough...

it's a game of inches.

8. islstl

no doubt, when watching the play live I'm thinking, geez thank goodness that receiver choked away that touchdown.

then watching it again, you realize Jackson did just enough to have him drop it, and Chevis knew it cuz he was crossing his arms immediately saying it wasn't a catch.....he knew what he did

9. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Shows what weeks of healing up will do for you, after getting the crap beat out of them in the SEC games leading up to this. Lafell did have the "dropseys" earlier this year but that begin to turn about mid season.

In your QBs defense, OSU does not have the type of receiving corp Matt has to work with

I don't know the exact count but I think the two biggest were holding and personal fouls

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

It was sweet to see the recievers hang onto the ball. What a huge difference that makes!:crystal: