Why Putin is desperately trying to help Trump win - in two easy steps

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 3, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

didn't the bush family profit from the war in Iraq? I mean that qualifies as taking it to another level right?

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

How did they profit? Are you saying they made money off the war or profited politically? Please explain.

3. LaSalleAve

Defesne contracts and the Carlyle Group.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

People love to bitch about this because they think they have something. The problem is they believe what they hear someone say and have no idea how government contracts work.

Yes, I'm sure Cheney made money even though he recused himself from the company. What no one is realizing is there are no other companies that could have done what kbr is/was designed to do. They were not only the most logical choice, they were most probably the only choice.

Check out who had the contracts when Clinton had us in Bosnia and quit trying to make something out of nothing.

5. LaSalleAve

Convenient, nothing to see here but everything to see there.

6. shane0911

Dude, it is what it is. You are using a government issued contract to literally the only company on the planet that could have provided the services required as a corruption. I can't help you if you don't see it.

7. LaSalleAve

That company wasn't doing so well before 9-11. Bin Laden family was invested in that company too. There are too many coincidences. Especially when you throw in the fact that evidence of WMD was manufactured. But yeah probably all just coincidences.

I can tell you this though, if their names were Clinton and not Bush I bet everyone on here would have a completely different take on it.

8. shane0911

Halliburton was in no danger prior to 9-11, not sure where you get your info. Bosnia was prior to 9-11, that is why I pointed out no one bitched when under Bill Clinton they were awarded the contract. You just don't want to listen.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Funny how that works.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

News Flash: All your so-called congressmen and senators care about is continuing their time at the public trough. They are there, now in the 21st century, to stay rich, since it takes a pretty rich person to get elected. Not many can even get into the club "to get rich" anymore.

The GOP moron we have in NC, and who is up for re-election, has raised his net worth 5 times during his two terms in the senate. And he is just a bit player. He is running against an ex ACLU attorney who made her mark defending some asshole's right to burn a US flag.

If the presidential candidates were not so totally hosed up, the NC Senate race would be in the news for which of the worst f-ed up will win. Incredible. And our governor's race is really no better. Better stop typing and go back to reloading. Sorry!