Why not 12-0 in 2010??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Mar 15, 2010.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Yes red, but for me to say LSU could go to Atlanta with three losses, I would have to believe that this year Bama would have at least three losses, no way. Much less everyone else in the west. I wasn't describing what has happened or what "perfect storm" was yet to come. Not the exception, just the rule.

So you don't believe Tiger Nation will be jacked and ready to go against North Carolina. That opening game in Atlanta is going to get played up like a bowl game from the national media. It will not feel like a normal first game regardless.

The slate is clean red. Human nature, even at LSU will get the best of them.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

2010 will be a good year assuming the injury bug doesn't infest the team. Anything between 1 and 3 losses is very possible. 12-0 CAN happen, but I think there's too much inexperience to say it's something to even hope for.

2011 however. That is the year. Tons of seniors with experience. Skill position players are all loaded in talent and experience, minus one CB.

If you're hoping for undefeated, I think you're a year early.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Originally I thought 2010 would be it, but I now think that it's more likely for a strong year with a good finish, but not quite all the marbles. Between the two, assuming everyone stays, 2011 is shaping up to be another crystal and a good shot at 14-0.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Not to say that undefeated can’t happen in the SEC west, because anything is possible, I just don’t see it happening. Not next year, not in 2011, 2012, or 2013, and I mean for anyone in the SEC west. The competition is just getting tighter and tighter each year. When you look at the landscape of the SEC West the difference between the top and bottom is 2-3 playmakers, and 2-3 plays that go your way in a game. The margin for error is very slim and the slope to the top is gonna be very slippery.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

imo, it already is. we are already beating each other up in the sec pretty well.

6. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

This thread seems to be about "managing expectations".

I think it is pretty optimistic to say any SEC team stands a good chance going undefeated next year. That football bounces funny in the SEC and the best team does not always win.

Any conference opponent can beat you on a given weekend, but generally there are 2-4 really tough games on your schedule and if you are lucky enough to come out of those with only 1 loss, you have to play the SEC championship game.

So SEC teams with 1-2 losses and an SEC Championship ring usually get to play for all the marbles (which is the way I think it should be).

So that being said, I manage my expectations for LSU football by rooting for LSU to make it to Atlanta. The rest seems to take care of itself.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bama is entirely capable of three losses, they have proved that many times in the last decade.

Of course, we are every year. We don't all predict 12-0 every year. That's something that only happens in Dreamland. :hihi:

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

LSU - 12-0
    Auburn - 11-1
    Hogs - 9-3
    Satan- 8-4
    Ole Miss- 7-5
    MSW - 5-7 (Miss State Where)

SEC West 2010

LSU goes back to A town!!!

who cares about the SEC east?????

:tigereye:cliff

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

How many of those Bama teams were the defending SEC and NC? How many of those Bama teams were the preseason ranked number one team in college football? I can only hope the LSU team we play in BR this season is that 3 loss team you're predicting can limp into Georgia, but I doubt it.

The term "entirely capable" might suggest you are more interested in being argumentative than realistic.

Dreamland: You mean 14-0 and undefeated in two years of regular season SEC play? You are what you think. Why settle for 9 and 3?

10. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

i dont care 10-2 or and have our home game in the sugar bowl and be the champion next year.

i want blitzes and I want touchdowns, i want to run the ball for fear of the passing game and VICE VERSA!