Why not 12-0 in 2010??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Mar 15, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As pointed out, being better doesn't always translate into wins. Granted we hope it does, but I think like most, I am looking for better play, better play calling, stronger OL, improvement in JJ, stronger D and DL play. If all of these things come together we will be better, and although it should translate into more wins it doesn't necessarily mean that, and I am ok with that.

1 person likes this.
  2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The fun thing is that by the time LSU and all your SEC brethren kick off, everyone will be sounding like Tiger Cliff. Maybe not as many exclamation marks, but plenty of optimism.

If LSU gets to Atlanta, regardless the record, the universe will be back on it's axis and world order will have been restored.

In short, anyone can lose, but only to the right team. OOC game, yes. SEC west team, maybe, but not more than one. SEC east team, yes. In most years two east losses, but the west has been nasty with no margin of error lately so I think not more than one loss this year and still see the finish line.

So a 10-2 or even 9-3 LSU team with one SEC loss could see Atlanta.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Is it any different for bama fans, Tusk? Or, for that matter, any team in the SEC that is a traditional powerhouse?

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

The fun thing is that by the time LSU and all your SEC brethren kick off, everyone will be sounding like Tiger Cliff. Maybe not as many exclamation marks, but plenty of optimism.

here is the deal this is my last ! until we win a game in 2010

every win one more !

:tigereye:cliff

5. TUSKtimes

Absolutely not. My feelings are we will lose at least one SEC game. I think we get past Penn St.at home, they lose a ton on defense and skill players. After that everyone as normal will be chewing on each others ham hocks trying for hotlanta.

6. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I was referring to the majority of "die hard" fans you never knew about that will be watching after last season. Many fans of the old powerhouses, especially ones that have one that have won national championships recently, get overly optimistic when it comes to game time. The problem is when the switch from one extreme to the other.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Right, I was just asking why we can't beat those teams because we are the better team, rather than because they made mistakes. Chase just doesn't think we will be the better team in some of those games, which is a fair argument.

8. TUSKtimes

Well not going to change until LSU football team beats at least 2 of the big 3 each year on average on your schedule. Bama, Florida and Ole Miss, Fans care deeply about those games regardless of the record and are going to scream bloody murder if a pattern of losing starts to appear.

In Bamaland you'd better beat the viles, the barn, and LSU (I'm respectful because we are family). Bama was 1 and 11 against them before Saban took over. Otherwise that's about the worst looking 10-2, or 9-3 team you ever saw. Ain't nobody happy. When Bama under Shula was undefeated and played LSU at home We got beat, that's pretty much all I remember about that season. So it hurts.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But, this isn't Tuscaloosa, you haven't figured that out yet.

My ass.

LSU has gone to Atlanta with 3 SEC losses before.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah its very possible that a 3 loss team could end up in Atlanta. The SEC is doing nothing but getting better, eventually its going to bite us all in the ass nationally.