Why isn't Perrilloux playing?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoLimitMD, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Yeah the oline played horrible. But a healty Flynn or RP escapes 90% of that pressure. Bad coaching decision.

I know the argument is Flynn is a senior and wants to play. But I'm sure he'd rather be playing in January then September.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The line was inconsistent. However, WAY too many of the sacks were the result of Flynn holding the ball too long. His timing was clearly off all day, not to mention his tendency to throw into double or triple coverage (which is unfortunately not a new issue.)

It's ironic that people are convinced that Perrilloux will make bad decisions, but Flynn is consistently throwing it right at defenders.

We don't have enough experience with Flynn to say whether this is because he's hurt. It looks like that's the case, but that's speculative.

1 person likes this.
  3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I'd like to see Perilloux play a few series in a row. Got to see if he can throw consistently. They put him in to run. Those 2 last throws were not good but both were bombs. Would like to see if he can run the offense consistently like he did with MTS.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Flynn is way too inconsistent. He misses too many WIDE open receivers and his deep ball is pathetic. Even his short passes are just a little off. He needs to play much better next week or LSU will lose.

The O-line was just DREADFULL today. No blocking to speak of and the penalties were inexcusable. I did think it was funny that LSU had all the penalties and Tulane played near-perfect ball. Can you say Auburn refs.

Now Im not gonna say bench MF and play RP, but Flynn has to improve if they want to play in the SD again this year, and I don't mean the Sugar Bowl. If he's struggling cause of the ankle, then RP does need to play cause MF will do more harm than good.

I just hope this poor performance today showed LSU that they have to come ready to play every week. I think LSU is the only team that can beat LSU this year. We'll see next week.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Flynn doesn't make a habit of passing into coverage and is always good in decision making. His inconsistency started with the bum ankle. He is in the pocket and worrying about getting that ankle tore up. You can tell he is very uncomfortable in the pocket.
    Don't talk like he is inconsistent from the very start of the year, because that is not true. It all started with the ankle. I am disappointed in the coaches for playing him this much. You risk him getting hurt further when we need him 100% healthy plus it hurts his confidence because he is inconsistent.